Into The Creepy Cave and Talking Rocks?

Start from the beginning

I wish I had a jacket.

"Keeping an open mind is good. Most myths and fairytales humans believe are fake are actually real." Douxie tells me as I slightly smile at him. "Like the Lady of the Lake. She is very real. Though, only Merlin's allowed to meet with her...till now."

"Because her power is beyond your comprehension." Merlin tells Douxie in annoyance—almost likes he's had this conversation with him a million times before.

I suddenly jump as Archie lets out an adorable meow before he jumps of the ship—a small poof going off as a burst of yellow leaves his body. Wings sprouted from his back before he glides away as I watch with a smile.

So cool.

"It was from her mystic waters I helped Arthur first retrieve Excalibur and unite the kingdom." Merlin explains as we dock the ship.

We walk together slowly—all trying to take in this place, before we come across mossy stone walls. Although I realise with a start that they aren't normal stone walls, and instead have long faces.

"Hisirdoux, the sword please." Merlin says while holding his hand out.

Douxie smiles before he reaches back for the broken sword.

"Yeah! Quest, quest, quest-" Steve starts to chant excitedly—and despite my annoyance for the boy, my excitement overrules it and I find myself chanting along with him.

"-quest, quest quest!" We chant together before Merlin cuts us off.

"Watch the ship." Merlin commands us as he shakes the broken sword from Douxie. "I shall return shortly."

"What!" Steve and I exclaim with bummed out faces.

"Man, we have to wait in the car?" Steve whines.

"Boat." I correct.

"Whatever!" Steve exclaims before he goes sulking off.

"But...I thought we were doing this together." Douxie asks Merlin in a quiet voice.

Merlin turns around to the boy, looking at Douxie like he said the most ridiculous thing.

"You should be thanking me." Merlin tells Douxie as he starts to take slow steps towards the boy. "I got you out of Camelot. Arthur's unstable and the people are afraid."

Claire and I stand a bit behind Douxie—watching their interaction worriedly.

It was easy to see how much Douxie looked up to Merlin. It almost hurt to see the sad droop in his eyes as he looks to his hero. All he wanted to do was be good enough for Merlin, but it seems like Merlin will never see the boy as anything but his little apprentice.

"I thought you trusted me." Douxie tells Merlin with a frown, only for the old wizard to groan in annoyance. "I won't just sit here without making things right!"

Something in Merlin snapped.

"And I will not lose another apprentice!" Merlin yells at the boy.

A horrible silence follows as his last words echo through the caves like a haunted melody.

Douxie stares at Merlin in shock, seemingly speechless. The old wizard lets out an annoyed grumble before he snatches the sword from Douxie.