𝖔𝖓𝖊-𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝖔𝖓𝖊-𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᔕ丅Ꭼᗯ

Eyes clenched shut, y/n held her breath, coldness surrounding her, muffling her surroundings..

Gasping as she stood, the sound of rushing water filled her ears, her hands flying to her face to swipe away any water from her eyes.

She heaves for breath, blinking rapidly to readjust her vision.

Her linen vest, dripping wet clings to her stomach and thighs as she clambers through the gushing waters and onto the grassy river bank.

"Fuck." She hissed to herself, reaching down to wash off the dried blood surrounding her recently stitched bullet wound, gently rubbing to avoid popping Hange's crude stitches.

As she absentmindedly washed the blood and dirt from her legs, she stared into the water, her distorted reflection fading in and out.

She could still feel the vibrations coming from the rumbling, despite it having passed them by hours ago, their hefty footsteps violently shaking the earth.

A frown tugged at her lips, eyes brimming with tears as waves of anxiety wash through her.

"Eren, what are you thinki-"

A huge splash rain's down on her, absolutely drenching her once again.

Gasping from the sudden cold, she shakily looks up to see the distorted face of the cart titan, not even ten feet away.

The cart opened its mouth, allowing both Jean and Onyankapon to roll out into the river, only for them both to promptly projectile vomit into the river.

Grimacing, y/n was silently grateful that the water was flowing away from her.

"WELCOME BACK!" Y/n glanced towards the forest where Hange was running towards them all, holding something in her arms.

"I'm never getting into a Titan mouth again." Jean gagged as Hange stopped by them.

"Oh, do you not brush your teeth as a titan?" Hange tilted her head at the cart titan.

"That's a rude thing to ask a lady."

"Ooh Y/n!" Hange turned on her heel, rushing over and holding out the things in her arms.
"Fresh uniform for you!"

Y/n returned to the group, all sitting around a campfire as Hange was cooking in a large pot strung above the flames.

Sitting on the grass beside levi who was still laying propped up on the wooden cart.

Dropping her head to the side, she rests her temple on Levi's knee, staring to into the flames of the fire.

"You were playing doctor in Liberio, right?"

Y/n glanced up at the soft voice, Pieck peering over the lowered head of her titan body, still half attached to the nape.

"OH, yeah." Y/n nodded. "Some extra pocket money, yknow?"

Pieck furrowed her brows and tilted her head.
"It wasn't a military strategy?"

Y/n chuckled, scratching her temple through wet hair.

"No, the head nurse asked me to apply because they were short-staffed, and I agreed because of the salary." She explained.
"I ended up enjoying it though."

Levi snorted behind her, making her whip around to give him a pointed stare.

"Maybe you shoulda taken over your family business instead of risking your life in the military." He joked, making her roll her eyes and cross her arms.

"Maybe you should suck my dick."

Grass rustles, making everyone watch as Gabi gets to her feet, head hung low as she shuffles towards Y/n, who watches as the girl shamefully approached her until she was standing right in front of her.

"I..I'm..."

"No."

Gabi's eyes widened, gripping her dress tightly with shaking hands.
Everyone glanced at each other awkwardly, pursing their lips as they watched the scene unfold.

"Don't apologise." Y/n sighed, dragging her hands down her face before looking up at the young girl.
Reaching up, she snatched Gabi's wrist, pulling her down into her chest and gripping her tightly.

"Don't apologise, Gabi," she stroked the girl's hair as she began to sob loudly.
"You were doing what you thought was best."

Y/n held Gabi as the girl sobbed into her chest, hugging her waist tightly, her tears soaking through Y/n's fresh uniform.

"Shhh..." Y/n soothed her, stroking her neck and back, ignoring the searing pain in her leg as Gabi lay on her. "It's okay, baby.."

Gabi continued to sob, apologising profusely despite being told not to, for upwards of ten minutes before she began to calm down.
Sitting up, the flustered girl rubbed at her puffy eyes and runny nose.

"I'm so sorry," she whimpered quietly. "This is all my fault."

Y/n sighed, holding Gabi's hand gently, rubbing her knuckles.
"I told you, you have nothing to apologise for."

"Ahem.."

Everyone looked towards Hange who was laughing awkwardly, holding her ladle up.

"Stews ready..?"

Silence overtook the group as they stared at Hange with thousand yard stares before Y/n burst into laughter and butt shuffled over to Hange.

"Dish it out mamas, I'm starving!" She said, grabbing a wooden bowl to which Hange proudly spooned her stew into it.

"Stew for everybody!"

Y/n made her way back to levi who still sat at the edge of the group holding two bowls of stew.

"Heyyyyy," she greeted, shimmying her shoulders teasingly. "Dinner timeeee!"

Levi glared at her, rolling his eyes as she limped towards him, her jaw clenching with every step she took on her injured leg.

"You are not feeding me." He spat, crossing his arms as she sat on the grass in front of him, setting the bowls down.

"You aren't really in a position to refuse." Y/n batted her eyelashes at him.

Levi continued to argue as y/n stood again, walking around him to adjust the angle of the makeshift stretcher cart he was sat on so that he was facing away from the group.

"Don't be stubborn, Levi." She huffed, helping him slide down the cart so he was sitting on the grass and leaning against the cart for support.

"I'm not being spoon fed."
He attempted to dodge the spoon she was raising towards his face.

"Oh, come on!" She laughed, still trying to put the spoon to his lips.
"It's gonna go cold if you keep-"

Levi grabbed her wrist with his good hand, gripping tightly.

"OW!" She pulled against his grip on her.

"Y/n." Levi hissed, making her inhale sharply as she looked to his face.
"You're hurt. Sit this one out."

Y/n furrowed her brows, laughing slightly through her nose.
"Im the injured one? Anyway, I gotta give Eren a peice of my mind-"

"Stop!"

Her eyes widened at the sudden raise of his voice, her lips parting in surprise.

"This isn't a game anymore. This is serious. You can barely walk, and you're an emotional wreck. Sit. It. Out."

Y/n stared at him with a bewildered expression before she violently snatched her hand away, clutching it herself as tears brimmed her eyes.

"I'm not gonna stay behind while you rick your lives just because I've got a little scrap..." she muttered, hesitantly getting to her feet.
"I've been a soldier much long that you Levi. I'm operating on borrowed time, if this is where the timer runs out, so be it."

Levi watches silently as she steps away, sitting down much further away from him.

"But I can promise you one thing, I'm not backing out."