𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
KᏆᎠᏚ

Standing on the wooden platform at the edge of the training field, Shadis stood looking down at all of the new recruits, all of the squad leader by his side, Erwin directly on his left.

"ARE YOU READY TO SURRENDER YOUR LIVES TO THE CAUSE OF HUMANITY?!" Shadis yelled, hands clasped behind his back as he studied the faces of the new arrivals.

"YES, SIR." They chorused in return, each of them adorning fearful expressions, sweat running down their faces from the heat of the sun and their nerves.

"Look at them," Y/n said to Levi with a hint of amusement. "Poor kids have no idea what's coming."

"Weren't you in their shoes once?" He scoffed, smirking as she rolled her eyes.

"I knew exactly what I was getting into when I joined the scouts." She leaned against the edge of the stage where they were standing.
"I'd been dreaming of breaking free of the walls for so long, but sometimes even I regret my choice."

Levi watched her, studying her face thoroughly as a brief look of sadness glossed over her features.

"But I wouldn't change them if I had the choice." He was taken aback by her sudden lopsided grin.
"I've made so many memories and met so many people. People I wouldn't trade for the world."

He couldn't help but feel slightly gushy at her words, a hopeful feeling in his chest.
"What you mean..?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Well, I never would have met you if I stayed in wall sina." She punched him playfully. "I never would have met Isabelle, Furlan, Hange or Erwin. I wouldn't have had the time of my life outside the wall."

"Or almost lost it." He scoffed again, making her laugh. "Multiple times."

"Or that." She took a deep breath, glancing toward the crowd again and realising they had dropped their salutes and were now mingling.

"Ooh! Looks like the orientation's over, let's socialise!"

Waving her hand in a 'come on' motion, she rushed off and made her way toward the recruits, who are still looked scared out of their wits.

Shaking his head, Levi slowly trails after her, not too eager about socialising.

"Levi." A deep voice called from behind him, so he turned around to see Erwin and Hange making their way over to him.

"Levi!!!" Hange yelled, running over and practically bouncing around.
"Wassup shorty?"

Levi glared at her, crossing his arms over his chest and subconsciously straightening himself up as much as possible before Erwin finally stopped beside them.

"How come y/n isn't in her ODM gear?" He looked toward y/n who was excitedly chattering with the recruits.

"Oh." Levi turned to look. "Wait for it." He smirked.

Curiously,  Hange and Erwin eagerly awaited whatever Levi had smiled about.

"Have you ever been injured outside the walls?" A young girl with short strawberry blonde hair asked y/n, biting her nails nervously.

This question seemed to catch everyone else's attention because they had all stopped their conversations to turn to y/n and the two cadets she was talking to. Petra and Olou.

"Oh, yeah!" She grinned. "It wasn't that bad but I have a small scar!"
Shrugging her jacket off she holds it out to the silver-haired boy who hesitated before taking it.