𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᗩᖇᗰIᑎ

Y/n could barely hear the sounds of arguing between Hange and Mikasa, her cries of agony as she bargained with them over Armin's life. Begging that they choose him over Erwin.

She still sat beside Erwin and his mutilated body. Barely breathing.
Her legs were tucked up under her chin as she stated off at the carnage Bertholdt had brought down on the remain of Shinagshina, smoke rising from the rubble and fogging up the sky.

"C..Captain," Eren choked out, grabbing onto Levi's ankle just as he moved towards Erwin with the syringe in his hand.
"Have you heard of the sea?"

Y/n caught the words, like a whisper in her ear. Her chest tightened while Levi gaped at him, eyebrows furrowed as he spoke.

"No matter how far you look, it stretches past the horizon...Armin said that-"

Floch leapt forward and grabbed Erens arm, pulling him from levi and yelling at him to back off. To make him understand that Erwin was the right choice.

Levi loomed away, staring at y/n's back as she looked off into the distance, sat beside Erwin.
He gripped the syringe tightly.

"There's a sea beyond the walls. And it was pure dream to see it!"
Eren cried, sobbing loudly as Floch pulled him away.

"Avenging my mom, killing the titans, my thoughts are full of hate, but Armin's not like that! Armin cares more about fighting, he has dreams!"

Y/n sobbed quietly, pressing her eyes into her knees, unable to stop listening.

"EVERYONE OUT OF HERE!" Levi yelled, getting to his feet.
"I'm going to have Erwin eat Bertholdt!"

Everyone began to clear off almost immediately, painfully leaving their friends behind but y/n stayed still.

"Oi," Levi nudged her with his foot.
"That includes you."

"I'm out of gas." Y/n croaked, sniffling. "Gimme a minute to get out of range."

Levi watched quietly as she shuffled to the edge of the rooftop, carefulling lowering herself down and walking off through the streets below, not bothering to glance back at him.

"The Ocean..." levi whispered, reaching down for Erwin's arm whilst he recalled the night he and Y/n had flipped through the old, dusty books in her family home.

He let out a heavy sigh as he pressed the syringe to Erwins arm, only for the blond to throw his arm up, whispering under his breath about the outside world.

Levi's eyes widened before quickly softening again as his gazed trailed off to Armin's charred body.

Y/n slid down the wall of a house a few streets away from where Levi was, collapsing to the ground in a mess.

A loud crack of lighting sounded through the air and lighting up the sky.

"Oh Armin..."

Armin sat quietly on top of the wall with his knees tucked up into his chest, resting his chin on them as he stared in front of him.

He silently watched as y/n lay on a sheet, draped in a dreary blanket, he chest rising and falling as she slept.

Levi had told him he found her unconscious beside a house, most likely exhausted.

Armin teared up, his lips quivering as he stared at her.

"Why would she choose me over Erwin?" He asked himself, sobbing and hiding his face in his knees.

"A-armin...!?" Y/n croaked out.

The boy snapped his head up to see y/n was now upright and staring at him with awe.

"ARMIN!" She tried to scamper towards him, slipping on the sheet before tackling him and pulling him into her chest.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..!" She repeated quietly, gripping him ever so tightly as she cried into his hair.

"W..hy are you sorry?" Armin choked. "I should be the sorry one,  I killed the commander!"

Y/n sniffled quietly as she pulled away to look at him.
"No you didn't." She assured him. "You really didn't, Armin, don't listen to yourself or anyone else."

Armin cried loudly, burrowing back into her chest as she held him, stroking his back softly despite her own tears soaking his jacket.

"Oh good, you're awake." y/n and Armin snapped their heads up to look at Levi who stood a few feet away.

Levi stared down at y/n with a pained expression, watching as she got to her feet and shuffled towards him, still crying like a baby.

Stopping in front of him, y/n widens her stance and thumps her fist to her chest, saluting him.
Levi's eyes widened and he even took a step back in surprise.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted." Her voice shook.
"I was rash and inconsiderate of the burden placed on you by commander Erwin, it wasn't my place and I'm so, so sorry, levi."

Levi stared at her, mouth agape as he searched for the words to say, her salute unwavering and bead up proudly despite the mess of tears on her cheeks.

"Y/n..." levi whispered, frowning deeply. He stepped forward and pulled her into a hug.

The two stood in silence for what felt like an eternity, just holding each other, unmoving, until they were torn frok their blessings by Hange's shrill call.

"Yoohoo! Love birds!" They quickly broke apart and turned to Hange who was returning with Eren and Mikasa.
"Hate to break it up but we need to head back to wall rose."

Y/n furrowed her brows after thoroughly wiping her face with her shirt sleeve.
"Did you guys go to the basement?"

Hange's face seemed to brighten  at the question, but she still seemed rather dull.
"We did," she started.
"And, as it turns out, Dr Yeager was from outsidethe walls."

Y/n's jaw dropped. "WHAT!?"