𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᏢᎡᎾᎷᏆᏚᎬ

The wind slashed violently at the raven haired man's face as he stands in the edge of the building, remembering how he and his two friends used to come up here to the at the stars.

Glancing up, he spots the Big Dipper constellation that Isabelle had excitedly told him about. She only knew about it because y/n had told her what it was called.

Frowning, he reached up and ran a hand through his hair, biting his lip as his vision becomes blurry with tears.

He didn't understand why it hurt so much, why this incredibly unbearable pain had spread through his chest. Why it was so difficult to breathe.

Now that he was standing here, looking down from the top of the building, jumping didn't seem like such a good idea.

"Just do it." A voice whispered in his head. "It should have been you that died. Not them."
He tried to tell himself it wasn't true, that none of them should have died.

"You couldn't protect them." It hissed, making his shoulders tense.

It wasn't his fault. He knew that. But there was an ever present feeling of guilt that gnawed through him. A feeling that he couldn't shake.

"If you were stronger you could have protected them."

Warm tears strolled down his face, his bloodshot eyes becoming itchier by the second.

Y/n suddenly flashed through his mind, making his frown deepen even more, his chest becoming heavier.

"Even if she's trying to be nice to you," it started again.
"I'm sure she would have much preferred you had died and Isabelle came back. Or even if none of you had come back, she wouldn't have to see you and remember that her actual friend was dead."

The wind pace started to pick up and rain started to fall from the ground, hitting the rooftop with a rhythmic tapping sound with every droplet, the downpour starting to pick up until it was raining so heavily he almost couldn't see two feet in front of him.

"Everyone would be much better off if you just offed yourself,"

Looking back over the edge of the building, he took a shakey breath before deciding to give in to the voice in his head and took a step off the edge.

Almost immediately, he regretted it but told himself this was the better option as he clenched his eyes tightly shut, the picture of his two friends' smiling faces before the brief memory of his mother came to mind.

"I'll see you sooner than you thought-" his internal speech was cut off as the wind was knocked out of him when his chest collided with someone else's.

Silently, someone wrapped their arms around him and they were pulled back up onto the roof before they both collapsed to the floor.

"Levi..." they whispered, pulling back to look at him, giving his a good view of her face.

Y/n's bottom lip quivered as her shakey hands reached up to cup the sides of his face gently.

"Why didn't you say anything..?" She asked quietly, looking into his eyes.

It was like looking at a painting. There was no recognition behind his eyes, as if he wasn't even there anymore.

"Why?" He whispered below his breath. "Why would you do that?"

"Do what?" She repeated in surprise. "Save your life? Because I don't want you to die!"
She pulled him into a tight embrace, her arms wrapping around his back with no intention of letting go anytime soon.

"Why do you care? It's not like you care about me." He scoffed. "We aren't friends."

Her grip on him tightened.

"I do care about you, Levi." She rubbed her hands up and down his back. "And even if you don't see me as a friend, I think of you as one."

"Don't you wish Isabelle had come back instead?" He asked, making her gasp.

"OH MY GOD!" She yelled, pulling back to look at him. "NO! I don't wish she had come back instead!"

His eyes widened at her response, unable to fully understand her response.

"I wish all three of you had come back together, but I don't wish someone else had come back instead of you."

She delicately brushed some of his soaking wet hair from his face before pulling him into her chest to stroke the back of his head.

"You aren't alone Levi, you don't need to grieve alone." She placed her chin on top of his head.
"I'm here to help, I always will be, I'm not going to leave you anytime soon, even if you want me to. But please, don't ever give up."

Slowly, Levi raised his arms to wrap them around her waist, his shoulders starting to shake uncontrollably as silent sobs wracked his body.

Y/n continued to stroke his hair, feeling his warm tears deep into her already rain soaked shirt as her own tears rolled down her face.

"It's going to be okay," She whispers.

"I promise."