𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᏔᎪᏞᏞ ᏚᏆNᎪ

The sound of footsteps tapping along the dark empty hallway fills the hallway as the raven-haired man walks down the hall towards the kitchen. He was about to completely walk past the mess fall before he realised the door was cracked open there was a small light peering into the hallway.

"Fuck..." a quiet voice whispers from behind the door, making Levi raise an eyebrow and push the door open enough to peek in.

Y/n was in the room stumbling as she paced around, almost as if she was in pain as the small flicker of a candle on the table illuminated her face. She let out a sharp yelp as she fell, throwing her entire upper body onto the table for support, earning a hiss of pain, as her legs gave out underneath her.

"What are you doing?" Levi asked, slightly amused at the display before him, making her whip her head up to face him. "Did you break your ankle or some shit?" He walked into the room until he was standing a few feet away from her, looking down at the girl sprawled across the table and the floor.

"I'm trying to break in the shoes my mom bought me." She chuckles awkwardly, throwing her leg up on to the table to show off the heels, leaving her other leg dangling and her arms holding herself up.

Looking to the foot she had just flung onto the table the only thing that he actually managed to notice was crystal embellishments that covered the entirety of the shoe except for the heel.

"Fancy." He said bluntly, surprising himself.

"Yeah..." she pulled herself to stand, now a lot taller than him, making him scowl slightly before she reached to pull them off, leaving her at her normal height and eye level with him.

"I feel bad because she bought these for me and I don't even like them..." she frowned and placed them into their box, covering them with the tissue paper and putting the lid back on the box.

Only now did Levi actually take heed of the many items and boxes on the table.

"I usually pawn the things mother gives me and give the money to the survey corps so we can have better equipment and more food." She sighs before picking up a decently sized box and holding it out for him.

"Your prize." He blinked at her and took the box, surprised at its weight.

It wasn't overly heavy. But definitely not the weight or size of a box of tea.
Using one arm to hold the box, he pulls the lid off to reveal several fancy metal boxes of black tea leaves, which were no doubt expensive, and a white porcelain teacup with matching a saucer.

"What's this?" He asked, pulling out a paper bag that had some considerable weight to it.

"Sugar." She said, smiling as Levi almost dropped the whole bag in surprise. "There's a tin to put it in too, by the way."

"I asked for tea..." he said under his breath, looking at the bag of sugar. "Not one of the most expensive things money can buy."

"It's not as expensive in wall Sina." She said, sighing. "They just bump the prices after it leaves wall sina to get more money and attention for the product. They do it to everything, especially in the underground district."

The newfound information makes Levi scowl and rolls his eyes. "Of course..." he thought to himself as he put the sugar back into the box and put the lid back on.

"Ah...uhm," he turns his head away from y/n as she tilted her head at his sputtering. "Thank you..."

She just continues to stare at him while he looks away and pretend to be unbothered, but his eyes kept darting back to her every so often before she grinned childishly at him.

"Of course!" She waved him off. "Your display of talent earned you that!" She turns to the table again and hands him another box of the same size, placing it on top of the ones already in his hands.

"I know you won and all...but I thought I'd get the other two something as well." She brings her fingers to her lips in a 'quiet' motion as she winks at him.

"You give them that for me."

Levi kicks open the door and steps out onto the roof, Isabelle and Furlan immediately turning to face him but their eyes immediately darted to the boxes in his arms as he walked over and sat beside them on the floor again.

"What you got here?" Isabelle asked curiously before Levi shoved one of the boxes into her chest.

"Gifts from your roommate." He grumbled. "She got the two of you something even though you both lost."

"Pity gifts..." Furlan muttered in amusement, leaning over to look at the box as Isabelle opened it, revealing a knitted blanket and a bag of birdseed sat on top of it.

"SHE GOT ME BIRD SEED!" Isabelle cheered, holding the bag above her head as if it was Simba while Furlan pulled the knitted blanket out of the box, feeling the soft material in his hands and grinning slightly.

"This is gonna be so toasty!" He marvelled to himself before putting it back in the box to keep it clean. "This is so nice of her."

"I'm sure it was nothing," Levi said, looking up at the stars like the three of them had been doing for over an hour now. "She's a rich girl from Wall Sina. She probably didn't even check the price of anything she bought."

"Really!?" Isabelle gaped. "She didn't tell me she was from wall Sina!" She pouted slightly.

"But you don't have to be rude, Levi-bro, she probably didn't tell us because she didn't want to seem like she was rubbing it in."

"Whatever..." he sighs. "But I was thinking about what she said the other day," he looked at them again. "I don't want you going on the expedition."