𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᎢᎾᎷᎾᎡᎡᎾᏔ

Levi stared at himself in the mirror, taking in his pale complexion mulling over his appearance.
He had always looked sickly, most people from the underground did, but he'd been above ground for a year and a half now and he couldn't comprehend why he was still so pale.

Honestly, he hated next to everything about how he looked. His complexion, his height being the most prominent of the two.
But, one thing he did like was his eyes, y/n had mentioned him having pretty eyes and it stuck with him.

Sighing, he picked up the razor from the edge of the sink and pushed away his bangs, starting to neaten up his undercut for the first time in a few weeks, occasionally cleaning the blade with a damp rag.

The longer he stood in front of the mirror doing his hair, the more he noticed about his appearance, making him frown deeply at himself.

A soft knock on the door made him tear his gaze away from the mirror and toward the said door, his lips parting slightly before he responded.

"What?" His tone had come out harsher than he had intended, but he brushed it off.

"Do you want me to make tea?" The response sent a warm flutter through his body, his mood lifting slightly as he stepped toward the door and opened it up, it hadn't been locked.

Y/n stared at him with an owlish expression, she thought he had been in the shower and didn't expect him to open up so fast.

She looked him over, he was shirtless, a towel around his neck and slacks that seemed a tiny bit too big on him as they hung low on his hips.

"What kind?" He asked, noticing y/n's wandering gaze, though he decided to ignore it.

"Black tea, your favourite." She teased him, earning an eye roll before she noticed the razor in his hand.

"Are you shaving your beard?!" She ogled at him, jaw dropped.
"I didn't know you had facial hair-"

"I don't," Levi interjected, his tone suddenly sour. "I'm shaving my hair."

Y/n hummed in realisation, her lips forming a small 'o' shape as she mulled it over while Levi furrowed his brows as he thought of his lack of facial hair, another thing that desperately irked him about his appearance.

"Hold on," y/n grabbed his chin and examined his face, adjusting the position of his jaw before letting go and stepping back, cupping her own chin thoughtfully.

"No, I can't see it," she tutted, shaking her head. "I can't picture you with a beard, I like the smooth look."

Levi's eyes were wide from her suddenly grabbing his face, his once pale skin turning pink as she examined him.

"You think..?" He muttered quietly, dragging his hand across the smooth skin of his face where a beard would grow.

"Yeah, I don't like facial hair too much." y/n waved him off, smiling cheekily.

She glanced around wearily before covering her mouth with one hand and whispering to him:
"Honestly, I hate Miche's beard, it's a real turn off."

Levi felt a small chuckle tear through his throat at her sly comment and couldn't help but feel slightly better by it.

Y/n grinned at the tiny laugh she had squeezed from the dark-haired man's throat, making her chest swell with pride.

"Righty-o!" She chirped. "I'm off to make tea, I'll bring it back here instead of drinking it in the mess hall!"

Y/n turned on her heel, walking through their shared bedroom and out through Levi's office and into the hallway, practically skipping her way to the mess hall, still proud of making him feel better.

Levi closed the bathroom door again and looked back into the mirror, examining his face again, but not having to comment about himself this time as he continued to shave his undercut once again.

Y/n hummed happily to herself as she boiled the water in the metal teapot over the gas cooker, rummaging through the cupboards for some teacups and saucers.

Finding their usual white ceramic teacups, she sets them neatly onto a metal tray and starts to spoon the tea leaves into the cups, even adding some sugar to her own cup.

Truthfully, the reason she had been making the tea recently was because she could see how much the responsibilities of having a squad was affecting Levi, especially with the expedition being tomorrow and all.

Y/n was nervous about the expedition, but not for herself, rather for the special operations squad.
For Petra and Olou this would only be their second time leaving the walls and the fourth for the elder boys.

She didn't know how well Levi would fare to them dying on their first mission together and, frankly, she didn't want to know.

A frown etched into her face at the thought, but she quickly shook it off and finished preparing the tea before lifting the tray and quickly making her way back to Levi's office.

Shimmying the door open, she kicks it closed behind her and sees Levi standing behind his desk and looking out the window at the darkened sky.

"I bring beverages!" Y/n announced loudly, walking to the sofa in the corner and setting the stray of tea down on the small coffee table in front of it before plopping down on the comfortable sofa.

Levi made his way over to her, seating himself on the edge of the chair next to her, their knees brushing together as y/n picked up her cup, sipping her tea happily.

Picking up his own cup, Levi revelled in their comfortable silence as he went through his own thoughts, chest tightening when he remembered the events that would unfold tomorrow.

They wouldn't be in the wasteland of wall maria long, only a few hours, but anything could happen in that length of time, all it took was one wave of Titans for every single one of them to be snuffed out in their tracks.

A sharp inhale of breath hurt his throat as he worked up the courage to break the silence, contemplating whether he should say what he had been wanting to for days.

"Y/n," he started, startling the woman next to him into inhaling tea up her nose and start sputtering.

"Y-yeah-?" She choked, pinching her nose as her eyes watered while she looked at him.

Levi was smiling at her, his eyes curved slightly because of it, causing her heart to stop in her chest and her face to heat up.

"I love you," he whispered, staring into her soul.
"Please don't get hurt tomorrow."

Y/n gaped at him, eyes wide and jaw dropped as she stared at him, this was the first time he'd said that since they had sex over a month ago, and even then, when he first said it he was so quiet it was barely audible.

Her awed expression slowly withered away into a warm smile, her hand slowly slithering over to rest in Levi's, intertwining their fingers.

"I love you too," she grinned. "I won't get hurt, I promise!"