𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᏚᏢᎬᏟᏆᎪᏞ ᎾᏢᏚ ᏚQᏌᎪᎠ

Standing with arms pinned to their sides, the four cadets sweat and quiver as they stand in front of the empty desk, awaiting the commander's late arrival.

The four of them knew nothing about what was going on, only that commander Erwin wanted to see them for reasons undisclosed.

Gunther gulped loudly, sweat trailing down his face, clenched fists clenching tightly every so often in an attempt to calm his nerves.

Eld glanced at his friend, equally as nervous as him, a pang of nausea washing over him when he thought back to why they were there.

The two boys looked at the dark-haired man who glared at them with his arms folded across his chest.

A scowl made its way onto his face before he clicked his tongue distastefully, turning on his heel and walking off.

"Commanders office." He looked over his shoulder at them. "Now."

The look on his face had the two teens practically setting themselves, causing them to scamper off like frightened mice.

Now, here they were, standing in a line side-by-side with two younger cadets who looked even more terrified than Eld and Gunther.

Footsteps approached the door, making their hearts stop and fall into their stomachs.
The door handle creaked as the door was opened, creating a sudden cool breeze in the room.

Erwin stepped heavily into the room and the cadets immediately swung their hands into a salute, simultaneous thumps echoing when their fists hit their chests.

"COMMANDER!" They yelled in greeting, eyes tightly clenched shut.

"At ease, soldiers," Erwin said calmly as he stepped around his desk to sit in his chair, watching as Levi silently slinks into the room, closing the door.

"You aren't in trouble, idiots." Levi scoffed, making the teenagers jump in fright. "You don't need to salute to bushy brows,"

Erwin gave Levi a cold glare but decided to ignore his comment and smug expression.

Positioning himself at the wall directly behind Erwin, Levi leans against the fancy wallpaper by the window and props his foot up.

"It's true," Erwin starts again. "None of you are in any trouble."

"Then...then why are we here?" The petite girl in the middle sputters out, almost green in the face from nerves.

"The four of you have been chosen to be placed into a special operations squad," Erwin explains with a smile, watching their jaws drop.
"Levi here will be your squad captain. He recognised your potential and has decided to train the four of you."

Their eyes immediately shoot towards Levi, sparking at the pale man who just scoffs at them.

"Any questions?" Erwin asks, weaning a series of rapid head shakes. "Well then, Levi, you're free to take them."

"Took long enough," Levi kicks himself off of the wall and heads toward the door again, swinging it open.

Halfway out into the hallway, he glances back to see that none of the teenagers had moved an inch from where they stood.

"The fuck are you doing?" He narrows his eyes. "Hurry up, brats..."

Scrambling after him, the teens push through the door frame, following him down the hallway and leaving Erwin's door wide open.

"So you're our new captain?!" Petra asked excitedly, hands clasped at her chest as she trails closely behind Levi.

"Yes," he spits. "Where were you that entire time we were stood in eyebrows' office?"
Petra pouts at the demeaning comment and falls back slightly.

"Why did you choose us?" Eld ponders, earning a glare from the shorter man.

"What does it matter? You're on the squad bow so deal with it." Levi could practically feel the future headache he would be getting later tonight.

As Levi led the teenagers down the hallway like a mother duck, y/n and Hange were coming in the opposite direction.

"Oh," y/n perked up. "Hey, Levi! Special Ops squad!" She grinned and held up her hand to wiggle her fingers as a wave.

Levi softened his gaze at her but still nodded stiffly in a return greeting before they passed each other.

"So, captain!" Olou spoke up, an evident lisp from his swollen tongue. "What should we call you?"

"Captain," Levi said bluntly.

"Captain what?" Gunther presses further. "Like, what's your last name?"

Levi parted his lips slightly, stopping abruptly and causing the cadets to crash into him and almost fall while he didn't move an inch.

"You'll just call me captain, or captain Levi if need be," he folded his arms. "Got it?"

The four glanced at each other, rather unsure but ultimately nodded and saluted at him.

"Yes, captain Levi!" They chorused.

"Don't salute me," Levi turned and started walking off again.

Opening up a large wooden door, Levi, now at peace from his boisterous new squad, steps into the empty and dusty room that was to be his new office.

The wall directly opposite the door had a window fully overseeing the training grounds with dusty red curtains hanging either side of it, a desk and chair a few feet in front.

Bookshelves lined the wall to the right before stopping at a door, a sofa on the other side of it.
The rest of the walls were an unbearably bare beige colour that somehow made the room feel colder.

Despite this, Levi walked into the room further and closed the door, tracing his index finger along the desk, gathering the dust and leaving a clean streak on the desk.
Looking at the dust on his finger, he sighed softly before continuing to look around.

"I got my work cut out for me, huh..."