𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᛕIᒪᒪᗴᖇ

Armin wretched loudly, body trembling as he leaned over the flowing river by the old warehouse.

Y/n rubbed his back, the two of them sat on the ground, y/n keeping the boy's hair out of his face and soothing him as best she could.

"Is this how it was for you?" He asked, turning to mikasa who was standing a few feet behind them, watching sadly as her friend threw up with tears running down his face.
"Did you get used to it? Killing people?"

Mikasa opened her mouth to speak, hesitating and clenching her fists tightly.

"It was always second nature to me..."

Armin turned away again, heaving loudly, but having nothing else to purge from his body.

Y/n nodded at mikasa, telling her it was OK to leave and join everyone else inside.

Continuing to soothe armin, rubbing his back with one hand she used the other to reach back and push her hair away from her own face, the warehouse door clicking shut just in time for her to throw up over the same ledge as armin.

"Y-y/n!" Amrin panicked, eyes bloodshot from the crying.
"Is it because I was throwing up?"

Y/n shook her head, keeping her head low over the edge of the water, watching her own reflection cry crocodile tears.

"I've never killed someone like that either." She said Shakily.
"I'm sorry, I'm meant to be comforting you, but here I am..."

Armin quickly switched places with her, taking it as his cue to hold get hair for her.

"I think it'll get easier though." She continued, wiping her tears with the back of her hand, sitting up and turning to the younger boy, smiling at him.

Reaching up, y/n used both hands to cup his face, wiping his tears with her thumbs.

"You've been through so much today, I'm so sorry." She pulled him into her chest, hugging him and stroking his hair.
"I'm so sorry you have to back into that building where that wretched man touched you, and I'm sorry you had to kill someone, I'm sorry you were ever brought into this armin."

Armin's eyes widened, his heart pounding in his ears as he nodded, reaching around to hug her back, shoulders shaking to hold back his sobs.

"Don't be sorry mo- y/n." He sniffled as she hugged him tighter.

"Everything will be alright." She assured him. "I promise."

After staying in that position for a few minutes, they quickly recollected themselves, giving each other reassuring nods before making their way into the building to rejoin everyone else.

Upon entering, they saw that levi had lit a small gas lamp and everyone was gathered around it and sitting on wooden crates.

"I'll take first watch!" Sasha said, standing up and passing them to stand guard outside the door.

Y/n and armin crossed the room, both taking seats on the crates, armin beside jean and y/n beside levi, being careful of them both wearing ODM gear.

"You alright?" Levi asked y/n, handing her a a packet of rations.

Nodding, y/n smiled at him and greatfully accepted the food, opening up the packet and biting into the stale cracker.

"Never been better!" She muffled out through her food, making levi screw his face up in disgust.