𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᏌNᎡᎬᎪᏞ

"It's is with a heavy heart I stand here today..." Erwin spoke clearly, looking down at the entirety of the survey corps standing in single file lines in front of the stage.

"One of our comrades, Y/n L/n, was caught up in the fall of Wall Maria. She fought valiantly until the end and her sacrifice saved hundred!"

He looked at Hange and Levi, the two of them standing front and centre in the first row, all of them standing up with their shoulders back.

Hange was crying, biting her lips together to hold back a sob, her entire body trembling while she tried to stay composed.

Levi stared straight ahead with a blank expression, shoulders tensed and perfectly upright form.
His eyes were bloodshot and dark circles decorated beneath them, his slain paler than usual in contrast.

"We will have a moment of silence, please feel free to leave when you have paid your respects."
Erwin closed his eyes, bringing his arms up into a salute, the sound of his fist hitting his chest the only sound in the silence.

Shakily, Hange brought her fist up to copy him, closing her eyes and cutting off her own tears from flowing.

Slowly but surely, everyone was saluting, their eyes closed and the silent grief hanging in the air.

Levi clenched his eyes shut and violently whacked his fist into his chest before he started shaking much like Hange.

One by one, the newer cadets and those who weren't close with Y/n started to silently leave, no one even noticing them slip away from the crowd until there were only five people left and the wind started to pick up.

"I can't believe it..." Eld started to think to himself, opening his eyes and slowly lowering his salute, looking to his left and seeing Gunther doing the same.

Levi Hange and Erwin were the only ones left aside from the two boys.

Gunther nodded and the two of them started walking away as quietly as possible, leaving the other three to pay their respects alone.

Eld ran his hands through his hair, pushing it from his face due to how long it was getting, he and Gunther making their way towards the main building and leaving earshot of the others.

"I can't believe she's dead..." Eld sighed.

"Yeah," Gunther agreed. "It seems so..."

"Unreal?"

"Oh yeah!" Gunther smiled at the h/c haired woman passing by.
"Thanks, y/n."

Y/n covered her mouth from laughing and quickly rushed off, the two boys continuing on their way.

"WAIT A SECOND!"

They swung around only to be met with empty space.
Slowly turning to face each other with faces of horror, visible shivers ran up their spines before screams left their mouth.

Levi could feel his eyebrow twitch at the sound of screaming, his clenched fist tightening even more.
"Brats.." he scoffed to himself. "Disrespectful."

Hange and Erwin glanced at each other sadly, dropping their salutes and watching as Levi keeps his salute, his face contorted in sadness.

"Levi..." Hange spoke, reaching out to touch his shoulder, only for him to flinch away, never dropping his salute.

"Let's go inside, Levi," Erwin said, dropping down from the stage and walking over to them.

Ignoring them, Levi stayed perfectly still, keeping his eyes closed.

Erwin sighed, stepping around Levi and placing his hand on Hange's shoulder to quite her toward the building, to which she followed.

The two walked in solemn silence toward the main building, Hange sniffling every so often while Erwin only frowned.

"Hey, guys." Y/n greeted them, leaning on a single crutch before continuing to pass them.

Erwin hand Hange stopped in pace, turning to watch y/n walk away with their jaws on the floor and eyes as wide as plates.

"Erwin..." Hange punched him in the chest. "Are we dreaming?"

"I think we're dead." Erwin grabbed her fist just as she tried to punch him again, neither of their eyes leaving
y/n.

Y/n grinned herself as approached Levi, her steps becoming quicker and clumsier as she forgets to rely on her crutch.

"Hey," she said quietly, making his eyebrows twitch. "Levi!"

Levi's eyes snap open immediately only to be greeted by y/n's grinning face before he jumps backwards.

There was a large bandage stuck to her face and scrapes covering her face and whatever else of her skin was visible in the casual clothes she was wearing.

"You didn't think you'd get rid of me that easily right?" She laughed, leaning onto her crutch more, bringing his attention to it.

"Why would you run off like that?!" He yelled angrily.
"Why haven't we heard from you in almost three days?! Why would you stay to fight that many titans all on your own?!"

Y/n's eyes widened at how suddenly he rose his voice, tears of stress and relief cascading down his face.

"You're so reckless and irresponsible!" He stressed, pushing his hair away from his forehead, gripping it tightly.

To y/n, he looked as though he was about to have a heart attack from the stress and shock.

He refused to look at her, continuing to ramble on about how reckless she is, giving her the opportunity to drop her crutch and stumble closer.

Cupping on side of his face she leans in and presses a short, chaste kiss ok his lips, effectively shutting him up.

"I'm sorry Levi." She said. "That I made you worry so much."

"I thought you were dead..." his voice broke as he reached up to touch her hand that was still rested on his cheeks.

"I know, I'm sorry." A small smile graced her lips. "But I'm alright, it's over now..."

Staring at her, Levi parted his lips slightly to speak but instead decided against it, grabbing the hand that was on his cheek and intertwining their fingers, yanking her forward and grabbing her collar.

"Don't do that again," he scoffed. "Ever."

Y/n smiled and nodded before he pulled her in for another kiss, this one much longer than last time.

"Ow!" She yelled. "Careful of my ribs, they're broken."