𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᎢᎻᎪNK YᎾᏌ

Levi stared out of his office window down at the training grounds and the forest for ODM gear practice, watching as the strong gusts of wind blow the orange and brown leaves from some of the trees, decorating the ground in an array of gorgeous colours.

It's the first time he'd been able to relax in a long while, which is why it brought him so much how to look out the window at the grey sky with a cup of hot tea.

Though, something had still been bothering him, he couldn't muster up the courage to say anything to y/n about their exchange of the words 'I love you' and although he oh so desperately wanted to say it again, he couldn't muster up the courage or find the right moment.

To him, y/n seemed to be rather upset for a while after their first time sleeping together.
He wasn't sure if it was directed towards him or not but it didn't seem like it was.

But to put the cherry on top of all of his stress, there was an upcoming expedition that would wrap it up before they would be able to leave for the winter, and it was rapidly approaching, only a few days away.

This would be the first mission for his squad as an actual team, so hopefully, their team-building exercises would pay off, they're lives depended on it. Literally.

The door behind him opened and closed again, footsteps approaching him as a loud exaggerated yawn left the persons lips.

"Hey Levi," y/n greeted through her yawn, coving her mouth with her hand.

"Hey," Levi returned the greeting, glancing briefly up at y/n as she stood to his left, peering out the window with a neutral expression.

Setting his teacup on the windowsill, he lurched forward and grabbed y/n by the wrist, pulling her down into his lap, glaring at her through narrowed eyes as she stared at him like an owl.

"What's wrong?" He asked, leaning closer to her face. "You seem sad...did I do something?"

A breathless chuckle came from her lips, a smile gracing her face as she leaned her head on Levi's chest, wriggling her wrist from his grasp and intertwining their fingers slowly.

"No, it wasn't you." Her voice was barely a whisper. "I've just been troubled lately," she smiled at their intertwined fingers and a contempt sigh left her lips.

"Thank you..."Levi contorted his face, registering her words.

"Thank you?" He repeated. "For what?"

Y/n removed her hand from his before grabbing it again, his slightly bigger hand following her lead as she cupped it and ran her thumbs over his knuckles quietly.

"Being with you makes me feel better." She hummed out, looking up at him with a sweet smile, making Levi scoff and look away with his cheeks dusted with a pink blush.

"I feel the same," he muttered. "You relax me..."

The two stay silent, basking in the presence of each other's company as the sun lowers behind the wall, leaving the dark sky hanging above them, thousands of twinkling stars staring down at the earth.

"Levi...you wouldn't be upset if I couldn't have kids, right?" Y/n asks suddenly, eyebrows furrowing and her bottom lip quivering.

"What?" Levi glared down at her sadly. "No, why would I? You can't help it."

Y/n sniffles, trying her best to keep from crying as tears brim her eyes, still holding onto Levi's hands.

Pulling from her grip, Levi slowly reached down and cupped her cheek, gently rubbing the pad of his thumb across her cheek as his ears turn red.

"Thank you, Levi," Y/n whispers again, fluttering her eyes closed and resting her head on his chest again, slowly falling asleep.

"I love you, y/n..." he said softly, going unheard by the h/c haired girl. 

Awakening with a loud stretch and yawn, y/n rolls over in the bed and comes face to face with Levi who was still sleeping peacefully despite the morning sun peering through the window.

A smile graced her face as she drew her hand from the warmth of the blanket and reached up to brush his hair from his face, running her fingers through it.

Pulling her hand away, she traces his jawline with her fingertips and leans forward, pecking him softly on the lips.

"I love you so much..." she laughs quietly, rolling onto her back and staring at the ceiling with a grin.

"And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."