𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᎪᏔᎪKᎬNᏆNᏩᏚ

Y/n puffed heavily, doubling over, looking up at Levi through her eyelashes, squinting to block out the blaring sun.

"What the fuck," she whined. "Why can't I land a hit on you?"

Levi merely shrugged at her as she got back into sparring position and taking a swing at him, to which he deflected it with his forearm and directing a kick to her side, sending her flying across the training ground.

Gritting her teeth, y/n hissed as she skids along the dirt before coming to a stop on the ground, coughing loudly.

"Mother fucker..." she wheezed, propping herself up slightly, laying on her stomach.

Levi's eyes widen slightly, quickly making his way over to her, the burns on her forearms from where she made contact with the ground becoming ever more apparent.

"Are you okay?" He asks, holding his hand out to her.

Glancing up, y/n looks to his hand shakily reaches out to grab it, tugging harshly, pulling him down on top of her before rolling over and pinning him.

"Finally," she groans, dropping her hands to either side of his head tiredly, leaning over him with her eyes closed. "Have you been holding back or something?"

Levi scans her face, her hair tickling his skin gently as he relaxes.

"Only a bit." He whispers, making her laugh.

"Here I thought I was all that." She rolls off of him and onto the ground beside him on her back.
"That's a form of deception, it's illegal."

Levi rolled his eyes, looking up at the sky where y/m had once been hovering over him.

"Add that to my list of crimes then."
Y/n snorted.

"You're insanely strong though," she sighed. "And if you're holding back I've never been able to actually win against you..."

Pushing himself up to sit upright, Levi shakes any dust from his hair, quickly flattening it again.

"You won the first time we sparred," he said softly. "And all of the other times leading up to our first expedition..."

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows as she listened, propping herself up with her hands as support.

"Seeing the thing that did that to them," Levi seethed at the memory. "It...awakened...something in me."

Y/n tilted her head, thinking about his words silently.
Looking back at her, Levi awaited her response, wondering if she'd think him crazy.

"I can't say I've ever felt something like that." She said. "But I think it's probably a good thing!"

Levi narrowed his eyes, scrunching his eyebrows slightly in confusion.
"A gift?" He asked.

"Yeah!" Y/n grinned. "Think about it! With you being that strong, I don't have to worry about losing you!"

Y/n lay on her bed on her back and holding a book above her head, legs crossed as candlelight illuminated the room.

She stared at the pages of the book but her brain didn't register any of the words in front of her, instead thoughts of what Levi had said ran through her mind.

"Awakened power...where have I heard that before?!"

His explanation seemed very familiar, but she had no idea where she'd heard of it. Perhaps not was in a book from the library at home, a shame she didn't have access to it right now.

Groaning loudly, she lowers the book onto her face and closes her eyes to block out any light from the candle.

A few minutes later, the door clicks open and closed, followed by shuffling and footsteps.

Levi slowly lifts one side of the book from y/n's face, making her peek one eye open tiredly.
"What?" She asks.

"Nothing," he drops the book again, making her flinch and launch upright.
"I thought you were dead."

"Haha." Y/n mocks, twitching her nose at him.

Wearing a t-shirt and dark brown pants, Levi had a small towel draped over his neck and wet hair.

Y/n stares at his back, his shirt sticking to his slightly damp back, making her smirk before laying down again, a sudden idea coming to her head and making her eyes widen.

"Levi..." she asks abruptly. "What's your last name?"

Levi furrows his eyebrows in confusion, glancing over his shoulder at her.

"Don't have one," he shrugs.

"I was just thinking about what you said earlier and I had an idea." She explained, waving herself off  

"Oh," Levi looked at his reflection in the freshly cleaned window before walking over to y/n's bed and sitting on the edge. "What was it?"

Y/n sat up, leaning against her headboard and humming.
"There's a strong bloodline that used to protect the king, apparently they have awakenings." She shrugged. "That's all I really know, I think it's the Ackerman clan but honestly, I've only ever read four lines on them."

Levi narrowed his eyes, clenching his fist. "Kenny..." he whispered.

"Kenny?" Y/n repeated though Levi didn't expect her to hear.

"Kenny the ripper...He took me in after my mother died." Levi explained. "He left not long after though, he taught me all the fighting tricks I know."

"Kenny the Ripper?!" Y/n's jaw dropped. "The guy who murders MPs, he took you in?!"

Levi nodded, unamused by her state of shock.

"Why haven't you told me any of this?!" Y/n shoved his shoulder. "Now I just wanna know everything about your life in one go!"

She shuffled to the side, slipping underneath the blankets, holding them up for him.

"Get in!" She ushered him as he slowly got into the bed beside her.
"Come on, tell me your stories!"