𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
Ꮖ ᎪᎷ

Y/n stared up at the darkening sky above her, listening to the sounds of titans scratching at the wall below her, their thundering footsteps shaking the earth every time they walked.

Laying on her back, y/n tried desperately to even put her breathing despite the pain in her abdomen.
The sound of metal creaking made her flinch before a loud crash echoed up to her.

One of the ladders that had been torn from the wall from the titans pulling at it.
She had managed to clamber her way up the side of the wall by using the rickety old ladders, despite the fact she was in extreme pain.

With a deep breath, a sharp pain shot through her stomach.
She turned her head to the side, looking at the crushed ODM gear and the straps all lying in a pile close to the edge of the wall, a few feet from her.

"This...sucks..." she coughed, clenching her eyes closed with pain.

The longer she laid there, the darker it got. And, the darker it got, the colder it became, especially with being up so high.

The wind slowly started to pick up, sending icy chills along her skin and making her teeth chatter slightly together.

"At least it isn't raining." She told herself. "Someone will come along soon, I'm close to the gate."

Looking toward the ODM gear again, she reached up and gave it a slight push, knocking it over the edge of the wall.

It was quiet for a moment, and she listened carefully as a loud thud followed by a Titan's scream filler her ears, making her grin.

"Victory." She snickered to herself, laying flat on her back again to try and ease the pain.

She hadn't actually managed to see her wounds yet, it was too much a struggle to sit up, but she guessed that it's some bruising and a couple of broken ribs. Nothing she couldn't handle.

The survey corps cape she was wearing barely provided any protection from the cold but it was better than nothing, especially when she needed all the heat she could get.

"I just wanna crawl into bed, it's cold and I'm tired..." the thought of her bed back at her family home seemed like the dream right about now.

In her mind she pictured herself being snuggled up under dozens of fluffy blankets in a dark candlelit room, laying on her side with her eyes closed, but it didn't bring her any comfort.

"Yeah, Levi's nice." Y/n hums. "Really nice..."

Hange let out a loud cackle, clutching her stomach and rolling around.
"GIRL YOU ARE HEAD OVER HEELS FOR THAT MAN AND YOU DON'T EVEN SEE IT!"

"Levi..." she mumbled, scrunching her face up in thought.

Grinning like an idiot, y/n looks towards Levi, their almost chests pressed together as they crammed into a tight alleyway, hiding from the military police.

They stared at each other, chests heaving to regain their breath as their eyes clashed.

"That's was amazing!" She squealed delightedly.

Y/n smiled to herself, feeling the wind pick up, but she wasn't cold at all anymore.
"Yeah..." she hummed. "That was amazing."

Closing her eyes again, her body relaxes and it's as if all the pain goes away, or rather, she forgets it's there as a wave of warmth washed over her.

"Hange was right." A sigh escaped her lips, creating a puff of smoke from the cold. "I am head over heels for that man..."

Y/n groaned, the sun bleeding through her eyelids and causing her to wake up.

She pushes herself up, wincing from the pain before rubbing her eyes to make her vision less blurry but her hand is met with a blanket, pushing it off and suddenly making her cold.

"Oh, you're awake!" She glanced around, a tall blonde woman in the garrison uniform standing over her.

"Where am I?" She asked, voice breaking.

The woman held her out a glass of water, which she took graciously and immediately gulped down.

"I found you on top of the wall passed out yesterday morning." The lady laughed, taking the glass again and setting it on the bedside table.
"I decided to bring you back to the garrison headquarters since you're a soldier."

"Yesterday morning?!" Y/n choked. "I've been out for over a day?!"

Her jaw dropped open as the woman nodded, making her groan and covered her face in her hands.

"It would appear so, hun." The woman sighed. "What's a young thing like you doing in the scouts anyway?"

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows and looked up from her palms.
"Young?" She asked.

"Yes," the woman nodded. "Young girls like you shouldn't be risking your lives fighting titans. It's a pity really."

"I've been in the scouts for six years now, I'm twenty-one." Y/n deadpans, making the blonde gasp and step back.

"Oh my goodness, please forgive me!" She pleads. "I thought you were seventeen."

Y/n sighs in exasperation. "Why does everyone think I'm so much younger than I am?"

Awkwardly, the blonde straightens herself up again and speaks up.
"Your complexion is very good, you don't have any wrinkles so one would only assume you're a teenager."

Y/n puffed her cheeks out, brushing off the statement.
"Anyway, what's your name?" She asked. "I'm Y/n L/n."

"Ah!" The woman nodded. "I'm Lilac Rose!"

Y/n snickered, raising her eyebrow curiously. "Lilac rose?"

"Yeah..." Lilac sighed, pouting with reddened cheeks. "My sisters and I are named after flowers, even though our last name is Rose."

"Only fitting that you'd join the garrison then." Y/n laughed, looking at the rose emblem on the woman's jacket.

"Why of course." Lilac laughed too. "All of my sisters joined too, we thought it would be funny."

Y/n smiled at her, shaking her head slightly before deciding to look around the room, noticing that it was an infirmary suite.

"Have you informed the scouts I'm still alive?" She tilted her head at Lilac who froze froze at the question.

"Well, about that..." she trailed off. "We've been busy dealing with evacuation so we haven't had a chance to even find out your name, so we decided to wait for you to wake up."

Y/n pursed her lips tightly, before snorting.

"They probably think I'm dead then." She laughed. "They're sure in for a surprise."