𝖔𝖓𝖊-𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝖔𝖓𝖊-𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᗷᗩᔕ丅ᗩᖇᗪ

Rays of sunlight shone through the gaps in the leaves, highlighting the moss on the trees and the lush green grass.

"Oi.." Levi grumbled, heads on his hips as he kicked y/n with his boot.

She lay strewn on the ground covered in grass and a thin blanket that had been sealed over her as she laid on the grass.

"Mmm," y/n groaned in response, rolling over onto her front, only to launch upward when he face connected with the dew covered grass.
"WHYS NY FACE WET?!"

"You mean aside from the drool?" Levi asked, rasing his eyebrow as she looked up at him with drool and blades of grass on her cheeks and her hair making her seem as though she was steuck by lightning.

Y/n stared at him for a moment, allowing her vision to focus and for her mind to register his words.

"Hey!" She wiped her chin with her hand quickly. "Rude..."

She looked around at the surrounding area, seeing the rest of the cadets in the same situation as her, groaning loudly as they struggle to get up from the ground.

"My head..." Someone groaned loudly.

"Did I really sleep outside?" Y/n laughs at herself as she gets to her feet, swaying slightly.

"Careful," levi helped steady her. "And yes, idiot, you got so drunk you passed out on the ground and wouldn't let me move you."

Y/m dropped her head onto Levi's shoulder, whining loudly.
"Sorry," she whispered. "I don't know what came over me."

Levi patted her hair gently before pushing her back and brushing the grass and dirt from her face.

"Ive never seen you drunk before." He hummed.

"What was I like?"

"The same, just more whiny and annoying."

Y/n fake gasped, punching his shoulder.
"You could call your wife annoying?!"

Levi rolled his eyes teasingly at her and walking off.
"Get ready, we've still got a job to do."

Y/n hummed a song quietly to herself as she sat on a tree branch, legs swinging over the edge of the branch.

Glancing down at Levi who was still on the ground, talking distastefully to Zeke, though she couldn't quite hear what was being said.

Turning away, she stared up at the sky through the small gaps in the leaves, barely able to see some geese fly by, making her smile slightly.

"Freedom..." she sighed. "If only I wasn't stuck in this stupid forest with nothing to do."

All it took was a split second. In the time that it had took her to blink, a blinding wave of yellow-green lighting flashed through the air.

She felt her blood run cold. She couldn't bring herself to look down. Frozen in place.

The trees shook as multiple loud thuds hit the ground at once, shaking birds from their nests in the leaves.

"No..." y/n shakily clambered to her feet, gripping the trunk of the tree for stability as she looked down.

Thirty titans stared back at her, the exact likeness of her comrades plastered on their faces.

She could feel her throat close over.

"Y/N?!" A frantic voice called, followed by the sound of ODM gear. "Y/N WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"LEVI!" She yelled back. "I'M IN THE TREES!"

She barely finished her sentence when levi landed on the branch beside her, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"Did zeke do this..?" She asked as he pulled away, earning a grimace nod in return.

The two of them glanced down at the titans they once called friends, which were beginning to clamber up the tree towards them.

"We have to do it." She said, reaching for her blades as she made eye contact with what used to be Ari.
"And we have to catch zeke again."

Levi nodded again, still silent and grim faced as he also grabbed his blades.

"Now or never.." y/n whispered to herself, jumping from the branch.

Yelling as she dragged her dulling blades through the nape of one of the titans, she jumped straight to the next, sweat pouring down her face as Titan blood evaporated from her clothes.

"Bastard." She hissed. "Bastard, bastard, BASTARD!"

Titan after Titan fell to the ground, her replacing her blades mid air as to not waste anytime as she slayed her comrades, watching relief flood their eyes as they fell.

Eventually, all that was left was waves of scalding steam that rose through the air, y/n hanging from a tree on her gear.

A final thud shook the leaves as the last Titan hit the ground and Levi landed on a branch nearby.

"C'mon," He said quietly. "We need to catch him."

"I'm out of gas." y/n said as she looked down at Zeke's mutilated body. He was barely breathing and his body was desperately trying to heal his diced up flesh, all four of his limbs gone.

"Me too." Levi sighed, dragging Zeke's steaming body into a wooden cart.

"I'll go get backup and more gas. I don't think I could be trusted to not murder him right now if you went."

Levi chuckled humourlessly.
"It's taking everything in me not to do it right now."

Y/n watched as he stapped a thunderspear into Zeke's side.

"Yeah..." she glanced back towards the forest, eery silence greeting her in return.
"I'll be back as soon as I can be."

She wandered off towards where the horses were tied to the trees and made her way over to slinky, petting him gently as he nuzzled her.
"We're gonna have to go super fast, bud." She whispered, mounting onto him and whipping the reigns.

Levi watched as she rode off out of view towards the nearest town, which was a fair distance away.
His frown deepened even more, slowly turning into a scowl as he pushed the thunder spear deeper into Zeke's body.

"Bastard."