𝖔𝖓𝖊-𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝖔𝖓𝖊-𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᗝᕼ ᔕᗩᔕᕼᗩ

The ringing of the gunshot still hung in the air as y/n asked her question.

Levi merely shrugged. "Beats me," he said, glancing at the door to the other room where the gunshot came from. "Maybe a misfire?"

Y/n felt her stomach churn as she stared at the door, ringing dissipating from her ears.
"Yeah...a misfire."

The door slammed open and Jean stood, dragging two familiar children in front of him, holding them by the collars.

His chest rose and fell for a moment as he breathed heavily, his hands trembling as he gripped the children by their clothes.

"They..." he sputtered. "They shot Sasha, she probably won't make it."

Y/n stared at him, gaping as Mikasa and Armin ran past her and through to the other room, almost knocking her over as her arms fell limp by her side.

"War chief Zeke?!" Falco asked in disbelief.

"Y/n!" Gabi yelled, attempting to lurch forward and run to her, but Jean held her back.

"Hey..." Levi stepped up behind her, placing his hand on y/n's shoulder. "Go, before it's too late."

Nodding silently, y/n walks towards the doorway, biting her trembling lip.
Gabi's face lit up slightly as y/n got closer, only to fault again when she walked straight pat them and into the other room.

"Doctor y/n..?" She asked in a whisper, looking back at the doorway, only for the door to slide shut.

Y/n held Sasha's hand tightly, knees tucked to her chest as she stared off into space, brushing her thumb over the girl's knuckles as an attempt to be comforting, not realising that Sasha's eyes had already fallen shut.

Mikasa and Armin screamed and sobbed loudly beside her, begging Sasha to wake up and connie trailed past her like a zombie into the other room.

Y/n continued to rub Sasha's knuckles, silent tears rolling down her cheek as her hand turned gradually colder.

"Oh Sasha..." she whispered, reaching over to push some stray hair from the girl's pale face and wipe away the small streak of blood coming from her lips.

Sasha's hand slowly became more and more tense, rigor mortis beginning to set in, making it hard for y/n to yank her shaking hand from Sasha's.

Finally prying her hand free, y/n sniffled as her eyes fogged up, tears streaming down her face.
Grabbing Sasha's hands again, she crossed them over on her stomach, covering the bullet wound with them.

She attempted to wipe away her tears as best as possible, but they just kept coming and coming as the reality set in.

"Sasha..." she whimpered, covering her face with her hands.

Armin and Mikasa's screams and cries amplified her tears even more until she was eventually sobbing loudly with them, unable to keep it together anymore as she pulled them into a hug, allowing them to cry into her chest.

"Shhh, it'll be ok.." her attempt to comfort them was overshadowed by her own hiccuping sobs. 

"It's gonna be ok."

Y/n walked into the front room again, her eyes puffy and cheeks stained with tears.
Everyone glanced up at her as she exhaled through her nose.

Zeke had almost finished regrowing his limbs and Eren was staring at the ground with his elbows on his knees while Levi watched over the two titan shifters.

Levi watched as she made her way across the room and towards Eren.
Eren also watched her get closer, gritting his teeth and waiting for her to start blaming him just like connie had.

Standing in front of him, y/n hugged his head into her stomach, rubbing his head gently.
"It's not your fault Eren..." she whispered. "I know you're hurting too."

Eren closed his eyes tightly, lips threatening to start trembling as her hand ran across his hair.

"Y/n!" Everyone looked towards the corner of the room where Gabi and Falco were tied up, Gabi staring at y/n in disbelief.
"What are you doing with these devils?! Did they put you up to this?"

Y/n frowned as she stepped away from Eren, turning her full body towards Gabi, allowing the girl to get a full view of her scout uniform and ODM gear.

"These 'devils' are my family, Gabi." Y/n sighed, staring at the girl disdainfully.

"N..no!" Gabi protested. "You're a Marleyan Doctor!"

Everyone continued to stare at the girl as she began to cry.
"You're a Marleyan! They wouldn't have hired you if you weren't! They put you up to this, I know they did!" Gabi began to hyperventilate, her tears falling straight to the floor.
"You're kind, you cared for us! You cared for me! You're not one of these island devils! You're a good Marleyan, you have to be!

"Gabi," y/n said sternly. "I was born and raised on the Island of Paradis, I spent a decade of my life defending humanity from the titans Marley sent to terrorise us."

Gabi ran her eyes over y/n and her uniform, eyes landing on the wings of freedom logo on the left side of her cape.

"I am not a Marleyan Citizen, I'm not even a real doctor." She explained. "You'd be surprised how easy it is to fake your identity."

Gabi muttered to herself in shock and disbelief, breathing heavily as y/n made her way over to her attempting to place a hand on the girl's shoulder, only for her to jump backwards, into the wall.

"DONT TOUCH ME!" She squealed, leaving y/n to be the one is disbelief.

"Fine," she stood up. "If that's how you want to be."