𝖔𝖓𝖊-𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝖔𝖓𝖊-𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
Ꭼᗰᑭ丅Ƴ

Sunlight filtered through the glittering glass windows, spreading across the polished wooden floors, shining up onto the granite countertop.

A ghost of a smile tugged at his lips as Levi sat behind the counter, feeling the heat from the sun being cast upon his skin.

Not only that, he felt himself rub his thumb across the knuckles of the hand he held in his.

A soft laughed left the lips of the woman beside him, a laugh he was very familar with. He didnt even need to look up to see who he was sitting with

Yes, he knew her very well.

He stared down at his lap, a newspaper staring back at him, creased and wrinkled.

A newspaper wasn't something he would normally partake in, but it just felt...right.

He smiled as he read, the light, fuzzy feeling in his chest almost making him burst with joy.

He trailed his thumb over her knuckles once again. Or..at least he tried to.

The room grew dark, the sun overcast by shadows and the previous warmth left his skin.

His eyed flitted over to his hand, missing two fingers and resting alone on the counter top.

Y/n stared, at Hange, her eyes rapidly studying the woman's face, her heart racing in her chest.

What felt like eternity, but was really only a second, passed and Hange gasped, her eyes wide and manic.

"Was that him?" Y/n asked, kissing her teeth. "Was it Eren?"

Hange nodded, her olive skin now clammy and pale.
"He...he's going to kill everyone who isn't on this island."

Y/n felt her breath get caught in her throat as she subconsiously recahed to her leg, placing pressure on her aching bullet wound

"Where is that hairy bastard?"

Both Y/n and Hange snapped their heads around to see Levi begin to sit up, his face wrapped im bandages and stitches spread across his bare chest.

"Levi!" Y/n yelped, launching herself toward him, grabbing his shoulders and forcing him to lay back down.

"Dont move, you're seriously hurt!"

"She's right," Hange sat herself on Levi's other side, across from Y/n.
"You were caught in a thunderspear blast."

Levi scoffed, staring up at the darkened sky peaking in from between the treetops.
As he lay there, the dull aching of his wounds began to settle in and he could only see from ome eye.

"I let my guard down.." His uncovered eye glanced towards Y/n.
"I'm sorry, I should've killed the sorry son of a bitch."

Y/n pursed her lips, reaching gently for his uninjured hand which happened to be closest to her.
"I'm the sorry one." She whispered. "I'm never going to leave your side again."

Silence fell between them as they stared at each other, Y/n's eyes bloodshot and glassy as she held his hand, squeezing it tightly.

"..ahemm...." They looked up toward Hange who was rubbing her neck awkwardly.
"Y'all are heart wrenchingly cute and all, but Eren is about to flatten the earth, so we should get moving."

Y/n and Hange dragged the sleeping bag levi was laying on onto a wooden cart, much to his protests and attempts to walk, and the three of them were eventually on the move two arguments later.

Levi watched Y/n from his position on the cart, Hange pulling him and therefore out of his view, noticing how she was caked in dirt and blood, her hair and clothes damp.
"what happened?" He grumbled, muffled by the bandages.

Glancing up, y/n stared at him owlishly for a moment before she laughed.
"This?" She waved the large stick she was using as a cane in combination ]with her severe limp. "Stubbed my toe." she shrugged.

Levi narrowed his eye at her, and she did the same, giving him a pointed stare until he sighed and looked away.

Reaching the edge of the forest, the ground began to shake, the trees trembling, sending birds from their nests and causing acorns to fall.
Y/n felt her heart sink as they stopped. She leaned on her makeshift walking stick as they stared.

Smoke billowed into the air, blurring the night sky as thousands of colossal titans marched forward in the opposite direction of them.

"Fuck..." Y/n whispered under her breath, pursing her lips. "What the hell is he thinking?"

"We should keep moving." Hange said, beginning to push the cart again, Y/n hobbling along.

"I'll kill them." Levi grumbled out suddenly. "Whoever did that to you."

Y/n smiled at him, laughing.
"Thanks, but I wanna kill him myself to be honest."

Levi hummed, nodding slightly in approval before he looked back up to the sky distorted with steam.
He frowned, lucky his mouth was covered with bandages, at the empty feeling in his hand.

Hange gasped suddenly, halting to a stop, making Y/n do the same.

"What is it?" Y/n asked urgently, limping up beside Hange. "Is it the Yeagerists?"

"No," Hange shakes her head,raising her hand to point slightly off the tree line.
"It's the cart titan."

Y/n inhaled sharply, hand flying down to reach for her blade only for Hange to flap her arms wildly.

"No, no, no!" She slapped at Y/n's shoulders. "We might be able to negotiate!"

Giving her a hesitant look, Y/n sighed, raising her hand in defeat.
"OK, have at it."

Hange nodded in determination, heading towards the cart titan.
Y/n squinted her eyes, looking closer and realising that there was a man sitting on the cart titan's back.

Kissing her teeth as she watched Hange approach, she attempted to lower her hand back to her sword before Levi caught her attention.

"Y/n.."

She spun around, eyebrows furrowed as she limped down to him.

"What is it?" She asked, leaning down slightly.

Levi raised his hand, covered in bloody bandages and missing two fingers.
Y/n stared at it for a moment, her stomach sinking before she glanced back to his face.

He stared at her, only one eye visible, his hand still raised.

Reaching up, she gently grabbed his hand, holding it for a moment before she leant down and pressed her lips to his knuckles.

"Y/N!" Her head snapped up to look at Hange who was standing by the cart titan and waving dramatically.
"WE'RE ALLIES NOW!"

Y/n let out a sigh of releif, still holding Levi's hand as she smiled to Hange.

"That's great!" She called as Hange began to run back over to help pull the cart.

Glancing back down to Levi, Y/n gave him another kiss on the knuckles before letting go of his hand, leaving him holding it slightly in the air, empty.