𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᏚᎷᎾᎾᎢᎻᏞY

Olou whistled loudly to himself as he walked through the bustling hallways of the scout's headquarters, a stack of letters in his hands as he shuffled through them, occasionally stopping a passerby to hand them a letter with their name on it.

His eyes focused on the next letter in his hands, the name on the front written in fancy cursive staring tauntingly back at him.

Miss Y/n l/n, scouting regiment.

A loud groan washed through him as he made his way down the hall. Not only would he have to go hunting for her, but usually she was in the office of a high ranking officer just hanging out like it was nothing even though she was only a cadet herself.

So, with a sigh, Olou started his way down the hallway toward Captain Levi's office.

Knocking on the large wooden door, Olou waits patiently for a reply with a blank face still holding tightly on to the letter.

"Come in," the muffled voice called, but it was a woman rather than Levi.

"Found her easily then," Olou thought to himself, pushing the door open and stepping inside only to have his heart drop into his stomach at the sight of not only Y/n but Captain Levi, section commander Hange and commander Erwin all sitting around the desk each holding a cup of tea.

"Cadet." Erwin greeted with a nod, bringing his teacup to his lips.

"Commander!" Olou quickly got into a salute, hitting himself in the face with the letters in his hands.

"What is it, brat?" Levi asked, scoffing at the teenager, and taking a sneaky glance at y/n who was sat to his left while drinking her tea.

"Letter for y/n l/n, sir!" He said, breaking his salute to hold the crinkled letter out.

"Ooh!" Y/n placed down her teacup and jumped to her feet, rushing around the desk towards Olou and quickly taking the letter from him.

"Thank you." They nodded at each other and with a final salute, Olou left the office, softly closing the door behind him.

Y/n walked back to her seat with her eyes glued to the address on the letter, turning it and looking at the red wax stamp with an intricate design stamped into the wax.

"Who's it from?" Hange asked curiously, trying to peer over at the letter.

"Oh..." y/n trails off, throwing the sealed letter onto the desk and picking up her cup again.
"It's from my distant relatives."

Erwin quirked his eyebrow, putting down his cup and decking in his chair while clasping his hands in his lap.
"Aren't you gonna read it?"

Y/n shakes her head quickly, an exasperated look on her face as she continues to glare at the letter laying idly on the desk.

"It's got a wax seal and it's on fancy paper..." she said distastefully.

Screwing his face up, Levi narrowed his eyes at her.
"So put that into peasant language and tell us what it means."
He scoffed, recline into his chair and crossing his legs, now finished his tea.

"It means it's a formal invitation," Y/n said cheekily, pouting slightly at him.
"They have a party every year."

"Did you receive one last year?" Erwin asked, making y/n shake her head.

"Usually only my parents get one because it's a fancy week-long party and I'm in the scouts."
She rolled her eyes as she explained to them, becoming increasingly agitated over it.
"They invite me to family only gatherings but don't want their business friends to know."

Hange hummed loudly, cupping her chin thoughtfully as she listened to
y/n.

"How come they're suddenly inviting you then?" The brunette questioned.
"There must be a reason."

Levi watched as y/n merely shrugged and fell quiet, a slightly annoyed look on her face as she sunk huffily into her chair.

Scoffing, he stood up and swiped the letter from the desk, tearing it open, destroying the wax seal and pulling out the letter.

"Levi-!" Y/n said in protest, watching with furrowed brows as Levi quickly scanned over the letter's fancy handwriting, obviously done in expensive ink, before reading aloud:

"Dear y/n, we are inviting you to our winter gala this year to reward you for your bravery whilst fighting during the fall of Shiganshina, we do hope you'll attend. Sincerely, Darrel and Beatrice."

Slowly lowering the letter, he looked at y/n to gauge her reaction, her eyes still slightly wide and face scrunched before she sighed heavily.

"Figures," she whispered. "Gotta get the family war hero out on display." She got to her feet and took the letter from Levi, crumpling it into a ball violently.

"Ouch," Hange hissed awkwardly. "But are you going to go?"

The two men glared at Hange blankly, obviously not finding it as amusing as the grinning scientist.

A laugh pulled itself from y/n's throat, an evil glint arising in her eyes before she started smiling widely.

"Y'know what?" She looked to the raven-haired man standing beside her, trying to sound sincere.
"I think we should go together, Levi, just to make sure things go as...smoothly, as possible."

Levi stared at her coldly for a moment before his lips twitched slightly, teetering on a smirk.

"Maybe we should." He agreed, a hint of amusement in his voice.
"I'm sure they'll love having a thug from the underground at their party."

Erwin grimaced slightly, glancing towards Hange who was smiling like an idiot.

"Well, section commander," Hange looked to Erwin upon being addressed.
"I don't think things will go smoothly at all."