𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᎬᏙᎬᎡYᎢᎻᏆNᏩ Ꮖ NᎬᎬᎠ

Dragging a hand through his hair, Levi fixes his bed head hair and flattens it down into its usual side-parted curtain bangs.

The sound of his fort steps broke the quiet atmosphere of the empty HQ as he walked toward the mess hall.

Y/n hadn't been in the room when he woke up, granted, he had accidentally slept in to later in the morning than usual.

Reaching the mess hall, he pushed open the door and stepped into the room.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" His eyes widen upon seeing Y/n, Hange and Erwin standing in front of him, y/n in the middle and holding a cake adorned with lit candles.

Confetti flies into his face as Erwin and Hange pop confetti canons at him, the colourful pieces of paper getting stuck in his hair.

"Make a wish and blow out the candles!" Y/n urges him, stepping closer with the cake.

Sighing, Levi closes his eyes and leans forward, blowing out the candles before straightening up again.

"Yay!" Y/n cheers. "CAKE AND TEA FOR BREAKFAST!"

"HELL YEAH!" Hange yells, the two of them rushing off to cut the cake together, leaving Erwin with Levi.

"What did you wish for?" Erwin asks, side glancing at the shorter man.

"Nothing," Levi states, waking toward y/n as she lays slices of cake onto porcelain plates and Hange pours the tea.

"Erwin!" Y/n calls, peering past Levi. "Come over here and get breakfast!"

"Coming." Erwin chuckles, joining them at the table and taking a seat across from Hange and beside Levi.

Sitting beside Hange, y/n uses a fork to cut her cake before stabbing it into the piece of sugary sponge.

"How come you never mentioned your birthday was coming up?" She asked, pouting at Levi who was glaring at his slice of cake.

"I don't celebrate my birthday." He said, hesitantly picking up his fork.
"Just another year closer to death."

"Or to erectile dysfunction." Hange stuffs her cake into her mouth while everyone deadpanned at her.
"What?" She muffled out.

"Just- Hange, why?" Erwin asks, defeatedly.

"ANYWHO- You have to celebrate your birthday every year now, Levi!" Y/n grins, pointing her fork at him.

"Whatever." Y/n watches eagerly as Levi takes his first bite of cake but his expression doesn't change.

"Do you like it?"

"I don't like sugary things." He glances at her face and immediately backtracks. "But I like it."

"Yay!" She cheers before pushing her chair back and reaches down to pick something up.

Dropping a giant box wrapped in brown paper on the table, she stands back proudly.

"I gift you, a GIFT!" He gives her a hesitant look before standing up to untie the ridden on the box before opening it.

Inside there was some fancy boxes of tea and a full porcelain tea set and a small rectangle box.

"The envelope is from my parents."
Y/n interjected. "They said to open it when no one else is around." She shrugged.

"I like it, thank you...y/n..." he glanced away awkwardly, his ears tinting slightly red. "This is the best birthday I've had."

"Of course!" Y/n smiled, face burning. "Happy birthday, Levi."

Sitting on the rooftop with his back against a wall, Levi fiddles with the unopened box he received from Y/n's parents.

He just examined it for a while, trying to take guesses on what it could be before he finally decided to open it, pulling open the top.

The first thing he pulled out was a letter, the next almost made him choke on his own saliva as a large bag of coins fell into his lap. Easily worth a fortune.

Cram long for the letter and tearing it open he quickly reads over it, his tight grip crinkling the parchment.

"Inside the second envelope at the bottom of the box is legal citizenship to wall rose. You are no longer a resident of the underground."

It almost felt as if the weight of the world had been lifted from his shoulders, memories of the underground flashing through his mind.

"You should save all of the money you get while in the military if you hope to leave the scouts someday, We can only hope if that day comes y/n will also leave with you."

Someday? He could get up and leave right this second and live comfortably without working for the next six years with the money currently sitting on his lap.

Quickly packing everything into the box again he picks it up and gets to his feet, heading back inside the building and toward him and y/n's dormitory.

Upon opening the door, he realised that y/n was still off doing something with Hange and her assistant. Some sort of Titan research he didn't care about.

There was a small set of drawers at the side of his bed that he quickly opened and placed the box in, sliding it closed again.

The door slammed open and y/n peered into the room breathlessly, panting and sweating slightly as Levi whipped around to face her.

"Erwin made lunch!" She said. "The commander is joining us by the way-what are you doing?"

Her face scrunched up at the way his hands were leaning on the set of drawers behind him.

"Doesn't matter!" She waved herself off. "Just hurry up!"

"I don't need it." He told himself, pushing off the drawers and following after her.
"I've got everything I need right here."