𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᎻᎾᏞᎠ YᎾᏌ ᎢᎾ ᏆᎢ

"DONT LET THEM GO!" Y/n yells as she suddenly barges into the commander's office, scaring Shadis into smearing the ink from his pen across the page he was writing on, making him scowl.

"What are you yelling about, y/n?" He asks, pinching the bridge of his nose in exasperation, looking up at the girl, watching her march over to his desk and slam her hands on the table.

Shadis quirks an eyebrow at hyper sudden behaviour switch. He would very rarely see her act so out of line without reason, and to barge in so suddenly? It was completely unheard of for the girl.

"Don't. Let. Them. go." She glares at him, staring right into his eyes. "The underground trio. Don't let them go on the expedition."

Sighing, the balding man stands from behind his desk, hands clasped behind his back as he walks around the desk to stand beside her, teetering over her with a stern gaze, but her own glaring didn't waver as she looked up at the taller man.

"Who do you think you are, cadet?" He asked. "Why should you decide whether or not they should go on this expedition?"

Y/n hesitates for a moment before scowling.

"I watched all of my squadmates and roommates die on the last expedition." She hissed. "I almost died on a kart on my way back inside the walls, and I've been your best cadet for three years." Shadis frowns slightly. "These three had never even seen a flower before two weeks ago, sir, you saw the way Isabelle acted upon seeing it. They are going to die out there if you let them go!"

"You don't know that!" Shadis says.

"I DO KNOW THAT!" Y/n screams in frustration.
"THEY DIDN'T GET THE SAME AMOUNT OF TRAINING AS WE DID! AND GUESS WHAT, COMMANDER?! ALL OF MY FRIENDS DIED! I ALMOST DIED, IM STILL INJURED, I CAN'T EVEN GO ON THE FUCKING EXPEDITIONS UNTIL IM HEALED ENOUGH TO PROPERLY USE ODM GEAR AGAIN!"

Shadis takes a step back from the sudden outburst, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape.

"Cadet." He says sternly. "You don't know what their fate is. And you can't just kick three new cadets who have a considerable amount of skill on the ODM gear off of an expedition. They signed up for this the moment they chose the survey corps over execution."

Y/n bit her bottom lip briefly, running her hand through her hair in distress, making Shadis sigh again, watching her turn and pace slight back and forth.

"Cadet l/n," he calls to her as she walks to the door, but she ignores him and opens the door.
"If you can get them to ask off then they can be excused!"

She pauses, half way out the door, shoulders relaxing slightly. "Thank you, commander." The door closes behind her, leaving the man alone.

Dragging a hand down his face, releasing a strained gasp of air, walking around his desk again again and putting his head in his hands.

"Just hold on l/n!" Shadis yells as he presses his green survey corps cape to her abdomen, mass amounts of blood immediately soaking through and staining his hands. Y/n coughs, spraying blood into the air and onto her own face. "Stay awake, you hear me!"

The sudden loud bang and high pitched noise of a flare gun caused him to snap his head up to see the black smoke interrupting the otherwise blue sky. The heavy thundering footsteps of an abnormal titan shook the ground as it grey closer.

"Someone take it down!" He yelled, looking around at all the cadets who were riding their horses, ignoring his command and continuing forward.

The familiar zip of ODM gear made almost everyone whip their heads around to see none other than Erwin Smith flying toward the 16-metre abnormal titan, swords raised a over his head as he swung around the back of the titan and slicing its nape.

His horse had turned and run back in his direction as he whistled for it, making it back just in time as the titan hit the ground with him on its back before he threw himself back onto the horse and rejoined the group.

"Good job, smith!" Shadis compliments, earning a hum of acknowledgment from the blond man, whose gaze was fixed upon the dying girl laying in front of Shadis.

"Let me go..." y/n wheezed, coughing again. "I'm just dead weight. Literally." She joked, giving a lazy, lopsided smile but it was soon replaced by a look of pain. "I'm not gonna make it sir...just put me out of my misery."

"No!" Shadis yelled, pressing harder into her stomach and trying to wrap the cape tighter around her as she picks her head up to glance at him and Erwin. "We're almost at the wall, the gates are already open for us. Just. And. On. I cant lose anymore cadets!"

"Yes sir," she wheezes sarcastically, dropping hr head back onto the wooden kart with a soft 'thump'. She stares up at the sky, squinting slightly as her eyes begin to droop shut, the pain in her abdomen slowly beginning to dull down.

Y/n breathes heavily as she sprints down the hallway back toward the mess hall, her slightly healed boots clacking against the wood, fists clenched so tightly her nails are pierce into her palms.

"Isabelle!" She yells, catching sight of the girl and her two friend chatting idly as Isabelle reaches to open the mess hall doors.

"Y/n?" Isabelle asks, jutting her bottom lip and furrowing her eye brows. "What is it?" She tilts her head, the two men watching with curious eyes as the h/c haired girl come to a stop in front of them, hands on her knees as she pants in an attempt to regain her breath.

"Y-you cant go on the next expedition!" She declares, wrapping an arm around the middle of her abdomen as her face contorts in pain.

"What?" Isabelle leans forward. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" She fusses, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm fine!" She waves her off, placing her hand on top of Isabelle's that was on her shoulder, face becoming deadly serious. "But you cant go on this next expedition."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" The raven haired man asks, scowling hatefully at y/n. "We are going on the expedition. Now piss off, idiot." He swings open the mess hall door and walks inside

"I'm sorry, y/n," Isabelle frowns, taking her hand off her shoulder. "But we need to go on this expedition." She turns and goes inside the mess hall too, leaving y/n with her mouth agape, unable to form words.

"But I dont want you to die..." she whimpered, not realising the tall sandy haired man, Furlan, was still standing and looking down at her with a sympathetic gaze.

"We'll be fine." He says softly, making her look up at him. "I promise." He nods slightly at her before following the other two into the hall.

"I'll hold you to that, promise..."