The Triple Date and Seeing Things?

Start from the beginning

"Same! O-M-G, when I went to Paris with the fam, the duck was amazing" Darci explains as her and Toby lean closer towards eachother.

"Ah, Paree! Zee city of love" Toby smirks as he leans closer to Darci with a smirk. "Tell me more?"

"Paris sounds so nice" Claire comments with a smile. "I've only been to Mexico to visit my abuelita"

"Hey, I've been of Mexico too" Todd comments as he smiles at the thought of the place. "The sights are beautiful there, aren't they?"

"Oh totally! I miss it there" Claire says as they smile at eachother before Claire awkwardly looks away and sends me an alarmed look to keep talking.

"Mexico and Paris sound great. Sadly, my mums the one who travels a lot while I stay at home all the time" I say with a shrug as Claire nods her head for me to keep talking. "Although I have been to Spain once"

"has estado en españa?" Jim asks in Spanish before groaning suddenly as Toby not so subtly kicks his leg under the table. "I-I mean uh, your hair looks nice"

"It looks the same as usual" I comment as I touch my hair confused.

"Yes! So it always looks nice" Jim says with an awkward smile before ducking his head behind the menu again, missing the smile that forms on my face.

Another silence erupted around the table after that as we all awkwardly stare at our menus before Darci suddenly clears her throat.

"Ahem. So, Claire, you saw the first Danger House, right?" Darci asks as Claire just shakes her head.

"I haven't" Claire says as Darci gasps before looking towards me.

"Y/n, please tell me you've seen it" Darci begs as I just shake my head at the girl.

"OMG, where do I even start!" Darci says before she starts to talk about the lore of the first movie, Todd joining in the conversation here and there as he's seen it as well.

I was actually enjoying the conversation before the voice of our waiter got my attention. I look up to find Douxie with a notepad and a pen in his hand, a friendly smile on his face.

"Gentlemen, ladies, what can I get for you today?" Douxie, our waiter, asks before he finally catches my eyes as his eyes do a double take on me.

"Oh, Y/n, been awhile. How've you been?" Douxie asks as a smile appears on my face, too distracted to hear the scoff coming from Jim.

"Oh, pretty good, being the manager of Claire and Darci's band is very tiring though" I laugh as Douxie looks towards Claire and Darci.

"You've been rehearsing for the Battle of the Bands I'm assuming?" Douxie asks as Claire and Darci excitedly nod their heads.

"Yep! Feeling pretty good about our chances" Claire smirks as Darci and I chuckle.

"Don't fraternise with the competition guys" Darci laughs as I playfully roll my eyes.

"Oh please, Douxie isn't much competition" I smirk as Douxie dramatically gasps.

"How dare you, you've gotten mean since we last talked" Douxie laughs as I smile with a shrug of my shoulders, not seeing the glare on Jim's face as he watches our conversation.