A Horrible Dream and A Sudden Realisation?

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I grunt as I throw my doona off me and make a run for my door. I grab onto the doorknob and attempt to open it but it's locked.

"No escape" I hear myself mutter in an empty voice. "No escape, no escape, no escape!"

The whispering turned into yelling until all I can hear is the ringing and my voice. I feel tears fall down my face as I block my ears with my hands, slowly sliding down the door until I'm huddled in a ball on the ground.

The voices got louder and louder before I let out a loud scream and everything stops. The silence is back. I slowly open my eyes and take my hands off my ears as I realise I'm back in the darkness.

"No! Let me out!" I yell loudly as I quickly stand up and turn in circles, looking for a way out but all I find is darkness. "Please! Let me out!"

"There is no way out" I hear a voice whisper as I turn around to see a figure standing a few metres away from me.

I slowly walk forward towards the figure but their back is turned.

"What do you mean?" I tentatively ask as I slowly get closer.

"No way out..." The voice whispers in a haunting voice that makes a shiver go down my spine. "No way out"

I slowly get closer as I raise a hand and place it on the figures shoulder only for them to turn around as I scream and step back.

I was staring at myself, only once again, it wasn't really me.

The black ooze continues to drip down my pitch black eyes as I hold out my darkened hands with a frightening look on my face.

"There's no way out!" I hear myself scream but I had already turned around to run.

I don't get far before I feel myself fall as I take a step. I plummet through the darkness, no sound, no light, no escape.

And then I woke up.

I look around to find myself in my bedroom, the sun peeking through the curtains of my window, my completed homework on my desk, my clothes for today sitting on the end of my bed.

I've finally woken up.

I suddenly feel a wetness under my nose as I wipe it with my hand. I hold my hand in front of me as I find black blood smeared across my finger.

It was a dream...wasn't it?

————<•>————

I decided to call Claire and ask her if her parents can drive me to school this morning. The faint ringing in my ears hadn't stopped yet and my vision kept blurring in and out so it wouldn't be smart to ride to school.

"Thank you Mr and Mrs Nunez, I really appreciate the ride" I thank as Claire and I get out of the car.

"It's no problem, call whenever you need" Mrs Nunez says with a sweet smile before they drive off leaving Claire and I at the front of the school.

Claire and I start to walk into school but I can't help but glance warily at the girl. Claire was quiet the entire drive to school, usually we're both singing karaoke in the car.