A Caged Up Jim and A Chance To Defend Him?

Start from the beginning

"Enchantress we have gone over this. James Lake must pay for his crimes and unless you wish to join him-" Queen Usurna starts to say but Jim cuts her off.

"She doesn't" Jim quickly says as I look over to him.

"I might" I say as Jim looks at me with narrowed eyes as I sigh. "Fine"

"What is your choice trollhunter?" Queen Usurna asks with her nose in the air.

I look to the amulet sadly knowing it's the only option. Jim can't die, and as much as he'll hate it, other trolls can be the trollhunter. Then maybe Jim can live a normal life (even though it would still be far from normal with everything we know).

"Uh, the one where he doesn't die?" Toby says in an obvious tone but Jim just puts his hand on Toby's shoulder to stop him talking as he walks infront of us and towards Usurna.

"No. I'm keeping my amulet" Jim says as he signals his armour on.

My eyes widen as we all look at Jim like he's grown another arm. He can't be serious. Even if he does keep the amulet, they'll kill him anyway and the amulet will go to someone else.

"Jim...think about this" I say with wide eyes.

"I am" Jim mumbles as he grabs my hand and squeezes it before letting go as my hand falls to my side.

"Are you serious? That's what you want?" Toby asks sadly.

"Yeah, Tobes. Never been more sure" Jim says as him and Toby share a fist bump."I'll face whatever comes my way"

"He's so stupid" Claire mumbles to me as I nod with wide eyes.

"Stupidly heroic" I correct.

"So be it, Trollhunter" Usurna says as she gestures for Jim to go. "Your trial awaits"

We all watch Jim leave sadly, not knowing what the future may hold for all of us after this trial. Jim looks back at us as he gives us a comforting smile, but it doesn't seem to comfort any of us. Toby lets out a small sniffle as Claire comfortingly lays a hand on his shoulder while I grab onto Claire's hand.

I hope you know what your doing Jim.

————<•>———

"Shall we begin?" Queen Usurna asks.

Usurna and the rest of the Tribunal were standing upon the stone platform above as Claire, Toby, Aaarrrgghh, Blinky and I stood on the ground with Jim in his cage hanging above us.

"The Trollhunter is on trial for choosing to go into the Darklands, allowing the release of Gunmar the Black" Queen Usurna speaks loudly before pointing at Jim. "James Lake Jr has admitted responsibility for his actions. What say you of the charges?"

"We'll fight the charge!" Blinky yells so they can hear us from the ground.

"Once convicted, the Trollhunter will be sentenced to exile in the Deep" Usurna says with a glare.

"The deep?" I question confused.

"What's the deep?" Toby asks Blinky as we look towards the troll.