Senior Uhls Truck Chase and Saturday Detention?

Start from the beginning

"Are those kids your hanging out with bad examples? Are they forcing you to do this? I wouldn't be surprised with how Jim was at my business lunch-" My mum starts to say but I immediately cut her off.

"It wasn't them forcing me to do this and it most definitely wasn't Jim" I say defensively. "It was my idea, blame me"

"Oh I am blaming you, trust me kid. I just wish you would talk to me more so I can help" My mum says as I feel annoyance bubble in the pit of my stomach.

"Yes, well, your not really there to talk to, are you?" I say as I grab my bag and open the front door as I get out, muttering a quick goodbye to my mum before shutting the door behind me.

I walk up the stairs to see Claire leaning against a pole with a bored look on her face before she spots me.

"Hey detention buddy" Claire jokes with a small smile as I let out a small laugh as i bump my shoulder with hers playfully.

"Hey...look at us, rule breakers" I joke as Claire sighs with a roll of her eyes.

"Little do they know, we save this town instead of break rules" Claire sighs miserably as I laugh.

"We will never get the thanks we deserve" I mumble as we smile at each other.

I suddenly spot Toby and Jim get out of Jim's car as I nervously wave to Barbara who smiles at me with a wave.

At least she isn't mad at me.

"Hello fellow rule breakers, ready to get this shit over with?" I ask with a sarcastic smile.

"Are you joking? We're spending an entire Saturday without the slightest possibility of almost getting killed. This is a vacation" Jim explains happily as Claire and I share a look.

"Well when you put it like that, this sounds like heaven" I sigh as Claire laughs with a nod.

"I told you I don't need a ride!" We suddenly hear a voice yell from behind us as we turn and watch Steve get out of Coach Lawrence's car.

"Yeah, love you too pal!" Coach yells back as Steve slams the door closed.

"Is that coach dropping off Steve?" Toby asks with wide eyes.

"Great, vacation cancelled" Jim sighs miserably as I pat his back with a sad smile.

It was nice while it lasted.

————<•>————

"There are no cell phones allowed" Senior Uhl explains as he goes around the classroom collecting everyone's phones in a box. "You can survive without your texts and your apps and your beepy-boops, your facey-spaces and tweety flaps"

He suddenly lunged for Mary's phone who was too busy taking photos to realise he was collecting everyone's phones. They seemed to fight over it as they both pulled and fought until Senior Uhl finally got Mary's phone out of her hands.

"For your transgressions you are to do homework the entire duration" Senior Uhl explains as my eyebrows scrunch together.

This will be the easiest detention I've ever done.