Chapter 2 page 46

"look I lied, of course the old Sophie would say no to the tour she loved being around me and-" Nikki starts to laugh but stops when he sees a tear drip down my face.

"Of course your lies are more amusing now...you make them diffrent and new each time because I can't remember properly...I can see some pieces but thats it..-"

"Sophie no, look I know there is an empty space in your heart right now...and the fact that youa re nodding means alot but listen here. They'll make you think it's wrong, like having empty spaces, means you can never be strong. But I've learnt that all these spaces, mean there's room enough to grow, and the people that once filled them, were meant to let go. And all these empty spaces, create a strange sort of pull, that attract so many people, you would'n meet if they were full. So if you're made of empty spaces right now, don't every think it's wrong, because maybe they're just empty, until the right person comes along...or when you remember the right person." I look at Nikki and I feel something inside of me a warm feeling...of trust of acceptance... I sit down on the white chair near the door and Nikki kneels infront of me again.

"I always imagined I'd meet the love of my life, in some romantic place, like a cafe or a train or even in the rain...and we'd fall in love from the first glance. But now I feel like I really met you here now...in the most mundane place possible and everything I'd imagined was wrong.  I love you I just don't remember how much I loved you..." Nikki sighs and I can feel his tears fall down on my knees.

"But Sophie...we almost made it?" I look at Nikki and cry..

"Almost is the worlds saddest word ever...you almost stopped me, you almost loved me, and you almost made it."  Nikki stands up and kicks the table with all the papers on making them look like it's raining papers.

"DAMN IT I SPENT HOURS NOTICING YOUR LITTLE THINGS AND STORING THEM IN INK. I NEVER ONCE OPENED MY MOUTH BECAUSE I DESPERATELY HOPED THAT UNSPOKEN THOUGHTS WOULD BE FUCKING ENOUGH BUT IT STILL ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AND MAYBE IF I TOLD YOU THAT I LOVED YOU MORE IN THE PAST I WOULD STILL HAVE YOU SOPHIE BECAUSE WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU NOW?!"

*******************************************************