Chapter 2 Page 1

"Hi, Mick...It's Sophie, again...call me when you get this" I sigh laying down the horn of the phone taking a deep breath.

"and any news?" Heather says walking out the kitchen with two cocktails.

"Nope nothing and Nikki stopped calling me like 2 months ago and I've checked the new but nothing" I sigh sitting down in the brown coach near the oak window.

"maybe they went to rehab?" I look at her and let that sink in for a minute...it couldn't be? could it?

"Soph I'm kidding" she laughs taking a sip of her drink making me lift a side of my lip in attempt to smile.

"why don't you visit them?" I look at her and start laughing.

"Ow shit you are 4 real?" I say when I see Heather looking annoyed at me.

"Look you miss Nikki and he clearly misses you so why don't you just go back and talk things out?" I sit back and look down knowing damn well she is right but what is he doesn't want me anymore he hasn't called in 2 months I just...

"Stop overthinking this! you are going end of discussion. now call Mick and leave a message that you are coming home!" Heather gets up and smiles at me dodging the pillow i threw at her making me laugh out lout. I walk back over to the phone and wait till somebody picks up? and they do!

"Mick?!" I almost shout.

"Yeah?" he sounds tired.

"I'ts Sophie" I hear him groan and knock something over.

"Yeah uhm ,yeah?" I scoff and continue.

"I'm coming home I want to see you guys, how is Nikki doing ow and don't tell him and how are you?" I say hearing him gasp and fall or something.

"MICK?!" I yell seeing Heather come out mouthing to me 'whats wrong'.

"Yeah, Kid great and Nikki uhm yeah super. when will you be here?" I smile hearing his voice clearer now.

"Well I'll be there by the end of the week if it's okay?" I hear him cough and i just laugh it off.

"See you then call me when you have a date" He hangs up and I just stand there looking at Heather saying like mick is still at the phone.

"Yeah I will, Love you to dad" Heather smile all cutely and leaves back into the Kitchen. I put the horn down and there is this feeling in my stomach that nothing is okay there and i'm curious to find out.

**********************************************************