Chapter 2 Page 13

NIKKI'S POV

It's been 5 hours since I last used...I can feel the needle in my arm wanting to fill me up, wanting to just fight the fear that I have of showing Sophie where I lived or what went on...I remember my grandma asking me... "are you hurt my dear?" I used to look up at her with little eyes wishing I had a mother to call my own...she thought she could safe me and so did Sophie, and here I am thinking about the one forbidden thing...Heroine and booze, while I promised Sophie I wouldn't anymore...all I want is a fucking shot to kill the little pain man in my head...body and most of all in my soul...Sophie has a beautiful heart if everyone had one like hers the world would be a better place...but I can't help but wonder what the world would look like without her being with me, would her world be calmer? maybe more just more out of life. I want to be a good person for her and only her but what if i can't? The last time I went back to my home town was to ask money for drugs...The voices in my head telling me I am not enhough are killing me...Sophie, gave me so much patients and love that I'm starting to wonder what I'am giving her back?

"Nikki?" Sophie's voice breaks the thoughts around my head like glass, falling to the ground like rain around me.

"Uhm yeah?" I say hoping to not give away mt true emotions.

"are you okay?" Her shiny eyes fall on mine hoping to hear a yes but all my head thinks is NO NO NO FUCKING NO YOU WILL FUCK HER UP YOU WILL HURT HER LIKE YOU HURT...you're mother.

"Yeah, just tired" I say gripping onto the  wheel looking infront of me, so I don't let my tears escape from my mind...let me rephrase that...escape from my personal hell. 

"You would tell me right?" Sophie says putting her warm hand onto my shoulder. I look into her eyes again but turn away.

"No" I say looking at the road hearing her gasp a little.

"What?" she repeats.

"I wouldn't tell you, so I could protect you" I expected her to flip and start a fight but I hear a soft laugh.

"Are you laughing at me right now?" I look at Sophie and she nods while laughing making me hella pissed.

"You have to admit its kind of funny, the guy who almost died is protecting me and thinking if he should bother me?" I look at her and bite my lip starting to laugh as well.

"I love you Nikki...with or without drugs" I look at her and stop the car on the side of the road I lean towards her and kiss her feeling the needle I wanted so badly starting to fade out of my arm.

**************************************************************