Chapter 127

They arrive at the emergency room and take him right back

"Male 28 years old, burnt when lighting a firework." Carrie says knowing the person who was triaging.

"Take him to room 12 and someone will be there shortly.   

Carrie and Destiny head to the room helping Ryan.    Chase had stayed home with Mick and the little ones.

"I will be out in the waiting room if you need me." Carrie says.

"Thank you Carrie." Destiny replied hugging her.  

She then goes and sits beside Ryan.    With her help she had gotten him into the hospital gown.

"Are you okay baby?" Destiny asks.

"Minus the pain from the burn I am okay." Ryan says.

"What the hell were you thinking Ryan Michael.    Mixing alcohol and explosives!" Destiny scolds him.

"I wasn't that drunk baby.     Besides it was a malfunction in the firework so it was an accident." Ryan says.

"I am just glad you are okay." Destiny says.

She climbed in bed beside him without hurting him.     Ryan curled up against her.      Ryan was then taken down for an X-ray and some K other tests.     They were also giving him fluids

Finally the doctor comes in.

"What's wrong?" Destiny asks.

"You are lucky.   It's only a first degree burn and should hear on its own, no graphing or anything like that.       We will be giving you a few different creams to put on it at different times and we will also be putting you on a antibiotic." The doctor says.

"Okay.    Can I race this weekend?" Ryan asks.

"I don't foresee that being a problem.   We are going to have you fitted for a sleeve to cover it while it heals." The doctor replies.

"Thanks doc.   What about pain?" Ryan asks.

"One of the creams is a pain reliever cream but I can also write for a low dose pain medicine." He answers.

"Thanks doc." Ryan says.

"You are welcome.   Any other questions?" He asks.

"Nope thanks." Ryan says.

"Yeah I am good too." Destiny says.

A few minutes later the nurse comes in and uses his non injured arm to test the different sleeves.    Finally they found one for Ryan.     She then showed Destiny how to clean the burn and put the different creams on it to help.

"Thanks so much I think I can do that." Destiny says.

"Good as soon as your medicine is ready I will bring your discharge papers in and you guys can go." The nurse says.

"Thanks." Ryan says.

"Thankfully it wasn't as bad as it could be.    But please be careful okay." Destiny says putting her hand on his linking their fingers.

"You don't have to worry about me baby girl.    I am not going anywhere." Ryan says kissing her hand.

"Good because I plan on growing old with you Ryan Michael." Destiny says.

Ryan flashes her that million dollar smirk and how could she be mad at him.     He could infuriate her like hell some times but she loved him regardless.     They bring all his medicine in along with his discharge papers.

Finally they head out into the waiting room meeting Carrie there.

"Well?" Carrie asks.

"First degree burn should be able to race." Ryan says.

"Good I am glad." Carrie says.

"Me too." Ryan replies.

"How are you doing mama?" Carrie asks Destiny.

"Better now that I know he is okay.    Scared the hell out of me." Destiny says.

"I bet.   Well let's go Home I know you have race hub tomorrow and meetings and so does Chase.   But then he wants to head back to Georgia." Carrie says.

"Is he ready for that?" Ryan asks.

"He says he is but I honestly don't know.   I don't want to push him." Carrie says.

"Nope.     But we let him go.   If he gets there and feels like he can't do it then we will get a hotel room." Destiny says.

Carrie nods her head.     They head back to Ryan and Destiny's house.    They inside.    Everyone was sleeping so Carrie went to go with Chase.     Ryan and Destiny head to their room.    They get ready for bed.    Ryan took his medicine and then they climb into bed.     Destiny snuggled against him being careful of his arm.     They both end up drifting off into a much needed sleep.

The next morning Ryan and Destiny woke up when the alarm went off.     Ryan got ready to go to the shop and then to do race hub.   Destiny cleaned his burn and put the cream on it.   

"I will be back later."  Ryan says.

"Okay baby.   See you later." Destiny says.

"You going to HMs?"  Ryan asks.

"Nope I'm going to work from home today.    I am tired and not feeling to well." Destiny says.

"Feel better soon.   I love you."  Ryan says kissing her.

They share a few kisses and then he was out the door.     Destiny booted up her lap top and logged in.      She was on a roll and had everything done she needed to do by noon.     Her last thing was texting Chase his schedule for the weekend. Finally she put her Lap top down and snuggled with Ryan's pillow falling asleep.

A little later she woke up smelling Ryan.

"Hey sleeping beauty." Ryan says kissing her.

"Oh god the twins!" Destiny says.

"They are fine. Down playing with baby Chase. I told him you weren't feeling 100 percent and he said he would watch them." Ryan says.

"I am a horrible mom." Destiny says.

"Shut your mouth woman. You are not." Ryan says.

He helps her get up and dressed. He then packs up her lap top and iPad grabbing the chargers and they head downstairs. Ryan and Chase has already loaded up the car. They walk out and get in.

"Feeling any better mom?" Mick asks.

"Kinda." Destiny says.

"Well we will have just a chill at home day once we get to Dawsonville." Chase says.

"Yup that way you can rest." Carrie says.

"Yes baby." Ryan says kissing her head.

They arrive at the airfield and pile out of the car and onto the plane. Once cleared Chase took off for Dawsonville.