Chapter 1

Destiny Rodgers had it all

Destiny Rodgers had it all.    She had her dream job working in NASCAR doing PR die Chase Elliott.     It was nice and she got to see her best friend Ryan every weekend too.    She was engaged to be married to her soulmate Chris.  

But then one tragic night her world was turned upside down as Chris was taken from her by a drunk driver.    It was one of the hardest blows she ever took.     She lost her self in her work but she was still devastated.      She ended up moving in with Ryan as being in her apartment without Chris was to much for her to bare.  

Here it was a year later to the dot and Destiny was having such a hard time.     She was on the verge of taken her own life.    She was sitting on the patio swing with the pills in one hand and the bottle of wine in the other.    She thanked god Ryan wasn't home from his race yet and by the time he came back she would be long gone.    Chase was understanding when she told him she couldn't be there.     She was just about to pop the pills into her mouth when Sturgil Ryan's crazy ass mutt of a dog came and knocked them out of her hand.

"Oh sturg silly boy." She cooed at him.

She scratched his ears as she picked the bottle up.

"How did you get out here anyway?" Destiny asked the dog.

"That would be me." Ryan says taken a seat beside her.

"Oh Ry you are home." Destiny says.

"Yes and please do not take them pills Des.   Please." Ryan begs with a whiny sound to his voice.

"Ryan it hurts so bad.   So damn bad.   I can't shake the grief." Destiny says.

" I know babe trust me I get it.    Chris was my best friend too.    Granted I have Chase but I miss him too." Ryan says.

"I just want to make this pain go away." Destiny says.

"I know but taking pills isn't going to do that.   I mean it will end your pain but it will add to mine." Ryan says.

Destiny looks over at him into his eyes.