Chapter 89

Ryan and Destiny were up with Mick though out the night

Ryan and Destiny were up with Mick though out the night. She was crying until she had no tears left to cry. She was curled up against Ryan.

"I'm sorry baby girl." Ryan says.

"She kept me away from you for 13 years daddy how can you be sorry?" Mick says between sobs.

"Because she was your mother baby girl and I know how much you loved her despite her flaws. I hate seeing you in pain." Ryan says kissing her head.

"I knew it was coming and I thought I was prepared for it but I'm not. Cancer sucks." Mick sobs.

"That it does. Sweetie I am so sorry you have to deal with this at such a young age. It's so hard. Growing up without your mom is the worse." Destiny says.

She had tears in her eyes as it brought back memories of losing her mom. Ryan pulls them both closer to him.

"I wish there was something I could do to make you both feel better. I know it's bringing memories back to when you lost your mom too." Ryan says kissing Destiny's head.

"It is. That's why I know I can really be there for you Mick. I know exactly what you are going through." Destiny says.

"I am glad I have you to lean on." Mick says.

"'Ive got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside
I've got the month of May
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way
My girls, my girls, my girls
Talkin' 'bout my girls
My girls
I've got so much honey
The bees envy me
I've got a sweeter song
Than the birds in the trees
Well, I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way
My girls, my girls, my girls
Talkin' 'bout my girls
My girls
Ohh ohh
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
Oh yeah
I don't need no money, fortune, or fame
I've got all the riches baby one man can claim
Well I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way
My girls, my girls, my girls
Talkin' 'bout my girls, my girls, talkin' 'bout my girls
I've got sunshine on a cloudy day with my girls
I've even got the month of May with my girls
Talkin' 'bout, talkin' 'bout, talkin' 'bout my girls." Ryan sings to them both.

"I love you daddy." Mick says.

"I love you too Mick, get some sleep." Ryan says.

"Yes it's going to be a long day." Destiny says.

"I am not going to school." Mick says.

"Nope not at all." Ryan replies.

Mick somehow fell back asleep. Ryan and Destiny did too.

Later that afternoon the alarm went off. Destiny and Ryan woke up shutting it off. Mick was still sleeping clinging to her dad like a life line.

"It sucks that she's so young and has to experience this heartbreak. She has to plan her own mothers funeral at 13." Destiny says.