Empty Brains and The Tribunal?

————<•>————

"Hurry up Jimbo, we don't have all day"————<•>————

————<•>————

I wake up with groan, staring up at the ceiling as I debate if I should get up today. I've been feeling like that a lot since Jim went to the dark lands.

I throw on some clothes and walk downstairs and to the kitchen, smiling at my mum as she sips on her coffee at the kitchen table.

"Hey, how was your sleep?" M/n says with a smile.

Mums business trips have stopped, only for a few weeks but I'll take what I can get.

"Good, it's the getting up part that kills me" I say as I grab an apple from the counter and swing my bag on my back, walking off to the door.

"Have fun at school!" M/n yells as I slam the door behind me.

Of course I love having her at home, it's just a bit weird since I get so used to being at my house by myself, but the extra company is good since it makes up for Jim's disappearance.

I look up to see Claire standing to the side on her bike, ringing the bell on her bike with a smile.

"Hey! Hurry up!" Claire yells out as I groan and hop on my bike, peddling over to Jim's house with Claire behind me.

Claire and I waited with our bikes in front of Jim's house, sometimes that boy took way to long to get out of bed.

The garage door finally opened with 'Jim' standing there with his bike.

"Hurry up Jimbo, we don't have all day" I say with a roll of my eyes.

Claire and I mount our bikes and head off, 'Jim' following behind us.

After Jim decided to go to the dark lands by himself, we had to cover for Jim, so the easiest way we do that is a thing called a glamour mask.

"Keeping up appearances is hard. She was so close to finding out today. I don't know how long I can keep this up" Toby sighs as he takes the mask off, his Jim appearance soon turning back into his own."One of you guys should wear the glamour mask and play Jim. It's got this sweaty troll stank to it"

"No way. We made a deal. You cover for him in Arcadia, we handle all his duties in Trollmarket" Claire says as I nod in agreement.

"Fine. Speaking of which, any word?" Toby asks as we peddle our bikes.

"Come on, Tobes! It's only been two weeks, and the amulet hasn't called for anyone else" I say as we peddle through the woods.