Into Gattos Stomach and Freezing Time?

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Aaarrrgghh had been placed like a statue, a mountain of books resting on his head and both his hands as I was sitting on his shoulders with a book on my head.

Jim had been placed on his hands, only one placed on the ground as he wobbled.

Claire had been laying on her back, her legs in the air, and supporting Toby who had his arms spread, floating like an airplane.

"Ahahaha." Blinky laughs excitedly.

"What just happened?!" Toby asks everyone, clearly confused.

Claire grunted, clearly Toby's weight was killing her legs.

"I feel so violated." Toby shivers, and I, for once, agree with him.

Jim ignored Toby, stepping up to Blinky as Claire practically threw Toby before her legs had given out.

I just grab the book off my head and start reading it from Aaarrgghh's shoulders. The troll in question seemed completely fine with it.

"This is amazing! You know what this means?" Jim says excitedly as Toby rolled over onto his stomach.

"That we're doctor strange?" I say as Aaarrgghh laughs, even though he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"It's how you get a ring off someone without them knowing." Claire says.

"We'd have so much time on our hands!" Toby says excitedly.

"I don't have to worry about juggling two lives at once! I could live all the lives I want!" Jim says excitedly, acting as if all the pressure on his shoulders has been lifted.

I frown at the thought.

Suddenly I yell as all the books toppled off of Aaarrgghh—who had decided to move his body slightly—including me.

"Ow." I groan as Claire runs over to me and helps me up.

"We could travel the world in a day!" Toby says as he grabs the gem. "We could get PhDs and everything! Finally learn how to play the bagpipes! Become karate masters! dude we'd be renaissance men!"

I smile at the thought. This could change everything. We can do anything we want and time won't even change. We could live a lifetime only for no time to pass.

"Or you could pass Uhl's Spanish test. Unless you want to fail his class." Claire reminded.

"Uh, me olvidé, I forgot!" Jim groans as I pat his shoulder sympathetically.

"Powers of this device are limited to three rules. According to the inscription, if my Salickacious is correct, the first is that only one person can step outside of time." Blinky explains as he grabs the device.

"Well that ruins everything." I sigh.

"Secondly, the time-stopping effect lasts precisely 43 minutes and nine seconds" Blinky says causing my shoulders to slump.

So much for living a lifetime with no time passing. This just keeps getting worse.

"And the third?" I speak up, expecting the worst.

"You can only use it, uh, three times. Well, now we know the rules." Blinky says nervously as he quickly set it down, hoping that we wouldn't hear it if he quickly changes the topic—but we did.

"Wait, you just used that thing twice!" Toby exclaims.

"Well, the first was to test its ability and the second to demonstrate to all of you." Blinky defends as I groan into my hands.

"Blink, you wasted our shots now we've only got one chance to get the ring off Strickler." Jim scolded as if he was talking to a child.

"In that case, I suggest you assure yourselves of his whereabouts before proceeding." Blinky says with a nervous grin.

"And I suggest you study for that Spanish final." Claire points to Jim as he groans.

"Don't worry Jim, it'll be fine." I say as I rest my hand on his shoulder with a smile, making him nod in agreement.

"Yeah, it'll be fine." Jim reassures, although I'm not sure if he's reassuring me or himself.

————<•>————

Authors note:

Honestly, I don't even know what I would do if I could freeze time, maybe rob a shopping centre?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠 | Jim Lake जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें