Spring Fling Date and Staff Twins?

Start from the beginning

"Maybe you just need to be more obvious" Claire shrugs as we walk side by side.

"I'm practically holding him every chance I can! He's just an idiot!" I exclaim causing the girl to laugh at me.

————<•>————

After class we all headed to troll market before making our way back to the Gyre Station. Aaarrrgghh stood in the always dim room, spinning the vast wheel of the Gyre while we all got in it.

"If Wumpas don't let outsiders into their camp, how do we get the stone?" Jim asks us as we headed to the seats—Blinky behind the controls once again, starting it up. Aaarrrgghh was the last to step on, letting the stairs lift behind him.

I already start to mentally prepare myself for this.

"Don't worry, Master Jim! I already have a plan! It's rudimentary." Blinky says as he pulls a few levers before turning to look at us. "If Quagawumps are hostile to outsiders, we'll need an insider! One of you is going to pretend to be the human reincarnation of the Shattered King! It's genius!"

"Not it!" I say immediately.

"Not it!" Claire says straight after me.

"What? That's insane!" Jim exclaims before a large bang echoed in the tunnel, the machine whirring before it blasted off.

Surprisingly, I don't feel sick this time. Thanking Merlin right now.

"You, Tobias, bear a most striking resemblance to their dead king." Blinky says as I start to laugh loudly.

Of course he does.

"Me?" Toby asks with a shocked look.

"Yes. The Quagawumps are short and stout in stature. It'll be a role of a lifetime. Mostly because if they see past our little charade, the time of our lives will end." Blinky says, his smile fading as he finished his sentence.

We all look at him in shock—our fates may already be set in place.

I yelped as the Gyre came to a harsh and quick stop before the wheels were still and the stairs fell to the floor, giving us an easy way to step off.

"Well, we better get a move on." Blinky says, stepping off the gyre before glancing to find the rest of us all to be in awkward positions after being thrown back.

Claire on her back with her head on my arm, Toby face first on the ground, and Jim and I tangled in a mess of limbs on the ground.

"Sorry" I say as I try and stand up, but fail horrifically and only worsening our awkward position.

"No, I'm sorry" Jim stumbles out as he manages to stand up—holding a hand out to me, making me grab it and haul myself up.

"Thanks" I say as we stare at each other silently for a moment—before Toby coughs into his fist and then groans as Claire elbows him in the ribs.

"W-we should uh go! Yep" Jim says as I nod my head frantically in agreement.

As we walked further into unknown territory, the color becoming nothing but dull greens and simple blacks. There was rarely any light, the only sources were random green crystal sticking out from the trees. Birds were squawking, making the scenery seem more haunting.

"This place is creepy. Where are we?" Claire asks.

"A place renowned for its vast swamps, theme parks, and retirement communities. Florida!" Blinky explains with a wide smile.

Jim and I followed behind the trolls, walking side by side while Toby and Claire were in the back, a little bit behind us.

"Come on, Your Eminence. Your people await."' Claire teases Toby, clearly noticing the nervous expression on his face.