Costumes and Glittery Moles?

Start from the beginning

"If you don't want to do it for us, Jimbo, do it for me. I've always felt like I was destined to be a duke." Toby says while puffing his chest out.

"More like a Jester" I say with a roll of my eyes, making Toby huff.

"Fine" Jim says as Toby giggled in excitement.

"I'll try to throw some kind of costume together, okay?" Jim says to Toby.

"Thank you. And put some effort into it." Toby says.

"I can help you if you want!" I say to Jim making him smile.

"Yes! I-I mean yeah, I-if you want, I mean...I'm not forcing you to help it's just that I'd like it if you were there-" He starts to ramble as I smile at him in amusement, tempted to let him go on but also wanting to put a stop to his misery.

"Let's go" I tell him as I start to walk away, the boy just frantically nodding his head before following—casting an alarmed look to Toby before leaving.

————<•>————

We walked over to a random classroom (hoping it will have something that we can use for a costume). Jim grabs the handle, jiggling it before smiling at me when he realises it's unlocked.

"After you M'lady" Jim says jokingly as he opens the door.

"Why thank you kind sir" I say, while doing a dramatic curtsy making us both laugh.

"Ugh! The things I do for Toby. Where am I supposed to find a costume? And what am I supposed to be? Stapler-man?" Jim asks as he holds up a stapler.

"Stapler-man could be cool, you staple anyones mouth shut who talks bad about you" I say with a laugh.

"Huh? What is that" Jim says as he looks out the window.

I start to make my way over before I hear coach Lawrence's voice over the PA system.

"Oh shit, I think the contest is about to start. We should head-" I start to say as I turn to where Jim was last standing, only to see nothing.

I quickly look to the door and catch sight of Jim's back before he goes running off out of sight.

"Yep! Okay! Meet you there!" I yell to him in a sarcastic voice, a small scowl on my face.

"Attention, teachers, and students! The assembly will begin in two minutes! - One fifty-nine, fifty-eight. Move it!" Coach Lawrence says."And now, for the boys, Steve Palchuck!!"

I grimace at the sound of Steve's name but continue my search in the cabinets for things that could be used for a costume.

"Arcadia Oaks High, I have two words for you." I hear Steve say, making me roll my eyes and tune out the speech.

I manage to find a feather scarf and a packet of glitter before I make my way back to the gym.

I see Toby and Claire sitting next to eachother near the top of the stands and decide to make my way over.

"Hey Toby, where's Y/n?" I hear Claire ask, making me decide to let myself be known as I plop down next to her.

"Right here" I state.