Coach's Favourite and Library Meetings?

————<•>————

"He might want to lower that ego or his crown won't fit on his head"————<•>————

————<•>————

At school all the students (sadly, including me) were in the gym—band music playing in the background as a person in a mole costume danced behind Coach Lawrence. The students were all cheering loudly, practically deafening me.

"Give me an A!" Coach Lawrence called out to the crowd, the mole jumping in the background, doing poses to the letters.

"A!" All the students yelled.

"Give me an R" He yelled.

"R!" The students yelled.

"Give me a C" He yelled.

"This is taking way too long. Give me an 'adia'!" He yelled.

The student cheers died down some—confusing chatter here and there.

"What's that spell?" He yelled.

Everyone was silent, I sighed and stood up, cupping my hands around my mouth.

"Arcadia!" I yelled making coach point to me excitedly.

"Thank you L/n, my favourite student!" He yelled as I smiled and sat back down, Claire and Mary laughing from next to me.

The mole appeared in front of the Coach as the students cheered for our school. Pushing the mole out of the way, Coach nearly knocked the microphone stand down.

"Go Moles! Go, Moles." He yelled."Before we begin...I have a few announcements"

All the students chatter and laughter quietened down.

"Hey! All right, mole, that's enough! Go back into your burrow or whatever!" Coach Lawrence yells as the mole accidentally falls on him."Okay. Principal Levit has taken ill with the flu."

I smile to myself—Claire and I secretly fist bumping eachother.

"He's asked me to handle announcing the students the faculty's nominated for the year-end Spring Fling King and Queen." He explains.

Immediately everyone one starts whispering to eachother. Some looking excited, some bored.

"The nominees are Shannon Longhannon! I'll pronounce it right soon, Shannon." He says into the microphone, as everyone starts clapping.

"It's gonna be you" Mary says to Claire as I turn around to what they're saying.

"No it's not" Claire says with a roll of her eyes, smiling as Darci joins us.

"It is every year" Mary says as I sit there confused on what the spring fling is.

"What's the spring fling?" I whisper, making their heads turn to mine.