Kiss Scene Gone Wrong and Crispy?

Börja om från början

"What you two need is a good chemistry session" Mary says while pointing her finger between me and Jim, Claire nodding in agreement.

"Chemistry?" I question before my eyes widen, finally understanding what Mary meant.

I reach over my desk to grab her but it was too late.

"Coach Lawrence?" Mary says while pointing at Jim. "Jim stole my spot!"

I grimace as I look back to see Jim's petrified face.

"Lake, give the girl her seat back" Coach sighs.

Jim stood up and glared at Mary as he walked off, only to hit the desk beside him, almost knocking the desk fully on its side and startling the kid sleeping on it.

Jim quickly gathered himself and sat next to me awkwardly, both of us scared to make eye contact.

I look at Claire who motions her hands to talk, making me nod and hesitantly turn to Jim.

Jim turned and looked to me as well. I watch him expectantly as he takes a deep breath in. When he seemed ready to speak to me—nothing came out of his mouth.

Jim quickly turned away at the embarrassment and rested his chin upon his hand making me sigh and do the same.

I decide to just focus on the movie as Jim is clearly too awkward to talk. It wasn't until Jim suddenly turned to me with a confident smirk on his face did I get confused.

"So, this is awkward right?" He says making me stop tapping my foot on the ground. "Stage kiss"

"And here I thought my science test would be my biggest problem" I joke quietly.

"I know, right?" He says with a smile.

"Can you believe it? It's like the whole school is suddenly interested in our play." I say with a roll of my eyes.

Jim started to move his desk closer to mine, making me raise my eyebrow with a small smile on my face.

I'm not complaining.

"Full disclosure, Toby even gave me breath mints!" He says making me giggle to myself quietly.

"Don't worry, Mary said she has breath spray in her bag and said it was the only thing I could have today" I say making both of us fall into a fit of laughter.

Class didn't seem to go for long after that.

————<•>————

Claire and me were currently talking near my locker as we waited for our next class. The day so far was going very weird and it only got weirder as I see Toby run over to us.

"Hey, Y/n, Claire, have you seen Jim? I kinda lost track of him." Toby says nervously, looking around wildly.

"No, we haven't. What's going on? Everyone's talking about him. He's been all over school making a spectacle of himself." Claire says making me nod as I remember Mary telling us all the gossip.

Jim has been acting very peculiar today.

Suddenly the speaker blared making all of our eyes widen as we hear the voice.

"Hey, everybody, Jimmy Lake here. Just a quick reminder for everybody to keep it crispy. Also, I taught myself bass guitar in the band room. This one goes out to my Juliet." Jim says making my eyes widen in horror as I quickly hide behind Claire as people start to stare at me.

Jim suddenly strummed the guitar and started singing, quite horribly I may add.

"When our lips meet, fireworks!" He sings making my face go red as I hide my face in Claire's shoulder.