Flying Horseshoes and Babysitting?

Start from the beginning

"Y/n" Jim says nervously making me raise an eyebrow.

"Still here" I chuckle as Claire and Toby smirk at each other.

"Uh, what's up?" He asks while shifting his feet around.

"You're still going to my house right?" I question making Claire perk up.

"Wait Jim's going to you're house? Didn't you say you'd babysit my brother?" Claire asks with a raised eyebrow making my eyes widen.

"Oh god I completely forgot about that, god I'm sorry Jim" I say with a sad look.

"I don't mind if you babysit at the same time, I could even help" Jim says with a small shrug of his shoulders.

He really didn't want to cancel.

"Really? You wouldn't mind?" I say with a smile.

"No! Not at all! It'll be fun!" He says with a small chuckle.

"Oh thank god! I'll see you then" I say and quickly side hug him and fist bump Toby, before leaving with Claire.

"You hugged him" Claire said with a wide smile.

"It was more like a side hug" I say with a shrug of my shoulders.

"You definitely like him Y/n, you can't even make excuses anymore!" She says while waving her arms around.

"Fine...maybe I like him..." I mumble to Claire making her squeal and start dancing around me.

She grabs my hands and twirls me around making us laugh.

"Yes! You finally admitted it!" Claire says with a sigh of relief.

"Oh shut up! Let's just go to class" I say grumpily, as I grab her arm and pull her to class with Claire giggling the whole way.

School went by slowly, especially with Claire talking non stop from next to me about topics we could talk about if Jim and I get awkward.

Which we will. It's bound to happen. We're two awkward people who are now hanging out together.

Claire's parents gave me a lift home, saying it's the least they could do since I'm babysitting for them—even though they're also paying me but I wasn't complaining.

"Okay, this is everything you need" Claire says as she dumps tons of baby stuff in my family room making me nervously look at all of it.

"Baby bottle, food, diapers, toys, clothes, dummies, healthcare kit, medical supplies, my parents phone number is here, and Enrique's Baby-cot" Claire says quickly and handing me a slip of paper with her parents numbers on it.

"Call if you need anything! And his favourite show is that weird one with talking fruits!" Claire says before running out of the house and jumping in the car with her parents, before zooming off.

"Why do I feel like they just dumped you here and are never coming back" I say as I turn around to see Enrique playing with his toys giggling.

Awww. He's kind of cute.

"Maybe they're taking pages out of my dads book" I say to him.

I quietly giggle to myself at my joke.

"I'm so funny" I say and quickly realise I'm talking to a baby. "And I'm so sad"

I sigh and sit down on the ground next to the baby.

"I have forty minutes before Jim gets here, what should we do?" I ask Enrique, before quickly realising he can't respond.

He babbles to me making me smile.