Museum Fun and Free Lip Injections?

Start from the beginning

"I know, right? With our school budget, I'll end up doing the balcony scene in my towel, although I think I can pull it off" I say jokingly.

"Hey, if anyone could pull it off, it'd be you. You're the only one on stage who looks like they know what they're doing." Jim says with a smile as I lean against the railing of the floor we're on, fully facing Jim now.

"Tell that to my mum. She thinks I'm only doing the play to avoid her, and that I have more important duties then doing a play" I say with a roll of my eyes.

"Is she crazy!? You were born for this!" He says with a smile making my face feel extremely hot for some reason."It's like you're calling. My mom would be stoked if I ever found something to be so passionate about."

"Hey! You're pretty passionate with things too, don't underestimate yourself Jim" I say with smile.

I notice that Jim starts to just stare at me with a dopey look on his face and immediately I try to think of something to say.

"Hey, so I've gotta ask. If you weren't going to show up for rehearsals, why even try out? I don't mean that in an offensive way, just curious" I ask randomly before cringing at how rude that sounded. "Wow, that sounded horrible"

"No, it's fine" Jim laughs before awkwardly shrugging his shoulders "Honestly, I kind of auditioned by accident, but I'm glad I did. I really liked the company."

"Damn, so it wasn't my amazing persuasive skills that got you to try out" I laugh "But thanks, your good company too"

"Um, I was talking about Eli." Jim says jokingly making me punch his shoulder with a laugh.

"Owww. You got quite a punch" Jim says while rubbing his shoulder with a smile.

"Remember...karate" I say with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Ah yes, how could I forget" He says before we both stare at the dress again.

I decide to make a bold move and tentatively lean my head on his shoulder—not seeing Jim do a dorky smile.

Suddenly, Toby came rushing over and him and Jim started whispering to each other. I slowly take my head off Jim's shoulder and look at them with a raised eyebrow.

I am raising so many eyebrows today.

"U-uh I gotta go real quick! Toby isn't feeling well" Jim rushes out before pushing Toby away and leaving me standing there confused.

The rest of the museum trip was fun, even with the weird experience with Jim and Toby.

Claire and I happily explored the museum together. We took a lot of photos, ate a lot of over expensive food, and called it a trip.

We got back to school and the day went by slowly. I couldn't be more thankful that Claire was in all my classes because if she wasn't there, I would be bored out of my mind.

Our next class we both were in the gym so we quickly made our way over.

We finally make it but as Claire opens the door, a dodgeball hits her right in the face making me catch her as she falls backwards.

"Oh my god Claire!" I yell frantically.

Everyone in the gym watches with wide eyes.

"Ooh, headshot! Shake it off, Nunez!" Coach yells.

"Does it look bad?" Claire questions me making me wince.

"Whattt no! Hey on the bright side you won't ever have to get lip injections! You got it for free!" I say with jazz hands.

I suddenly start to giggle as the image of Claire getting hit in the face with a dodgeball goes on repeat in my head.

"Are you laughing at my pain!?" Claire asks me incredulously.

"Oh come on! It was funny! You'd be laughing if it was me!" I say giggling making her giggle as well, while the entire gym watches us with raised eyebrows.

I slowly hoist Claire up and take her to the health centre. She was fine, just had a swollen lip, but I assured her it looked great.

Me and Claire start to peddle our bikes home as soon as the nurse said she was fine.

"I can not believe Jim hit me in the face with a dodgeball!" Claire exclaims while waving her arms before quickly holding the bike handle before she falls.

"I'm sure it was an accident! Jim wouldn't do that" I say with a smile.

"He punched Steve in the face" Claire says with a straight face.

"He deserved it" I say with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Your just trying to defend you're boyfriend" She says teasingly making me ram my bike into hers— laughing as she almost falls off.

"Am not! I'm saying facts!" I say with a nod of my head.

"Whatever" Claire laughs. "Do you think I can stay at your house tonight? I don't want to deal with my parents if they see my lip"

"Yeah of course! Honestly I should just get you a bed in my room!" I laugh.

"I wouldn't be opposed to that idea" Claire says with a smile.

We slowly bike back to my house and I get my keys out and walk inside with Claire right behind me.

"Mum, I'm home!" I yell out.

I only get a quiet 'okay' from the living room making me sigh.

"Let's go up to my room" I say to Claire as I grab her arm and drag her up the stairs.

"Your mums still grumpy?" Claire asks with a sympathetic look on her face.

"Yeah it's weird, we're usually so close" I say with a shrug of my shoulders as I slump face first on the bed.

Claire pulls the trundle from underneath my bed out and lays down on it.

"Parents are confusing" She says softly.

"That's something I can agree on" I laugh.

————<•>————

Authors note:

Yeah Y/n and Claire's friendship is becoming very precious to me

I'm trying not to rush Jim and Y/n but I couldn't resist with Y/n putting her head on Jim's shoulder, it was just cute

Hope u enjoyed this chapter