First Day of School and I Have Pretty Hair?

Start from the beginning

Claire shows me to the main office and I grab my locker number and class schedule.

"So are you like a smart kid or a dumb kid?" Claire asks me randomly.

"I wouldn't say dumb kid" I start. "I believe school is for the weak minded, which is why I choose to not participate"

"So your a dumb kid?" Claire laughs.

"Actually, I get good grades...even though I just doodle in my books every class" I say with a laugh.

"Oh so your an artistic kid?" She asks me.

"Not really, I never said they were good doodles, more like smiley faces everywhere" I say with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Ok, so your first class is history with Mr Strickler, he's pretty nice so I think you'll be fine" Claire says with a smile.

"History is one of my favourite subjects so I think I'll be fine too" I say.

We walk to the classroom and we seem to be early. Claire starts to walk over to the teacher that I assume is Mr Strickler.

"Mr Strickler, this is Y/n, she's new" Claire says with a smile.

"Oh yes, I was told there was a new student. Why don't you sit behind Claire, that's a free spot" he says with a kind smile.

"Oh, sure" I say and quickly follow Claire and sit in the chair behind her.

Slowly students start coming in and sitting in their seats until two boys catch my eye—actually I think they caught everyone's eyes because they came barrelling into class panting. I was almost sure the boy next to Jim was going to faint. Then Jim's eyes caught mine and he completely froze with wide eyes.

"Oh thank god we made it Jim" The boy next to Jim says until he backtracks realising Jim wasn't paying attention. "Jim? Hello?" He continues while waving his hand in front of his face.

The boy follows Jim's eyes and sees me and immediately his eyes went wide too. He quickly grabs Jim's arm and pulls him to their seats, which happens to be next to mine, and start whispering intensely then looking at me again, then continuing to whisper.

My eyes went wide and I start touching my hair thinking something was wrong with it. Was it my hair? It can't be my hair, it looks great? Or does it?

I side eye them and see they are still staring at me with wide eyes—which is honestly starting to creep me out—so I do what any normal person who doesn't have social anxiety would do.

"Does my hair look bad? Cause your staring at my hair and it's creeping me out" I question with a raise of my eyebrows.

They clearly weren't expecting me to confront them because both they're jaw drops and they can barely form a sentence.

"I-What no-no your hair looks great! T-that's why we were looking at it! It looks really pretty!" Jim rambles but quickly shuts his mouth after he realised what he said.

A smile starts to form on my face as I look at him.

Why does my face feel hot? Stop it face! Play it cool!