🌹Into Your Arms - Bikey

Requested by aNdYs_wEnIs

~~~

"Be happier, baby
Look in my eyes
Don't have to cry
You're safe in my arms
Yeah, you're safe in my arms"

~~~

Brook's POV

"Is anyone coming with me?" I asked the four boys who were solely focused on the TV in front of them.

"Nah mate, you have fun." Jack replied, eyes glued to the screen.

I sighed, grabbing my phone and walking out of the house, slamming the door shut behind me. None of the boys ever wanted to do anything with me anymore. Since Sonny had joined the band, everyone's attention had been on him. Don't get me wrong, I loved Sonny. But sometimes I couldn't help but wish Mikey was still here. Mikey was the one who always made time for me, especially when the others were pissed at me. I knew I was annoying, but Mikey seemed to love me for who I was.

Every morning we would go on a jog and just talk. Talk about our families. The band. Our love lives. Our feelings. Anything and everything.

Mikey was the one I would always go to for advice. He was the only one who knew that my dad had passed away, being the only one who cared. He held me as I cried, rocking me to sleep. He had come to the funeral with me, holding my hand as I spoke about my father. Sometimes I think about leaving the band, but then I slap myself for even considering abandoning my dream.

I loved the other boys, but I loved Mikey more. We had a connection, different to my relationships with the others. It was one Friday night in January when I realised exactly what I felt for Mikey.

We had gone on a late night jog, both of us needing to get out the house. We had stopped for a rest on a bridge by a river in the woods. It was beautiful. The stars shone in the sky, their bright light reflecting off the surface of the water. It was chilly, and I only had a T-shirt on. I remember how Mikey had wrapped his arms around me, allowing me to rest my head against his chest. His thumb traced circles on my bicep as his fingers lightly ran through my curly locks, sending me into a state of euphoria. It was in that moment where I realised I was in love with my best friend.

I had never told him, my feelings being the one secret I kept from the boy. I had always known I was gay, so that wasn't an issue. I just didn't want to risk the best friendship I had with feelings that may not be reciprocated. When he told us he was leaving the band, I had cried myself to sleep. But I didn't let it get the better of me. I knew I had one last month with the brunette, so I made sure to make the most of it. I spent as much time with him as possible, making sure I didn't waste a day. We carried on going on our runs, spending each day out somewhere. It was the best month of my life. It felt as though we had grown closer in those thirty days, if that was even possible.

I think that's what made it hurt more when the day came. We were filming his goodbye video. I swallowed my tears and put on a smile, only speaking briefly as to not get too emotional. I listened to Mikey as he told his story, each word convincing me he was doing the right thing. It didn't stop the harsh pain I felt in my heart as he threw his last bag in the back of a taxi.

The night before, I had discreetly shown my feelings for him. We were having our last late night run, sat on the same bridge beside the same river we had sat on every night before. Our fingers were laced together, my head resting on his shoulder as we enjoyed each other's company for the last time in a long time.