🌹Hidden Feelings - Rack

This is a very long one, so beware.

Word count: 2833 (they are usually 1000-1200 words long)

~~~

"Had my chances
Could've been where he is standing
That's what hurts the most
Girl, I came so close
Now you'll never know
Baby I loved you first"

~~~

Jack's POV

I was enjoying the quiet of a Saturday morning at home when a voice interrupted my solitude.

"Milk?"

I glanced up from my cereal to see a small blonde standing in the doorway of my kitchen. It took all my willpower not to look pointedly at my bowl of cereal.

"Of course I have milk. In the fridge."

He gave me a small smile, walking over. He was the latest in a rather impressive streak of Rye's one night stands. His mission seemed to be to sleep with the entire male population of Bristol.

"I can see why Rye likes this one. He's cute." I mumbled under my breath, checking out the fit guy wearing an oversized shirt. However, I cringed when I noticed 'Airhead' monogrammed over the front of his shirt.

"Really?" I sighed.

Airhead forgot that he wanted milk, and pulled out one of my cups of iced coffee that I kept stocked for Monday's instead. He opened it and took a sip without asking.

"Hey, I'm Jack Duff." I introduced myself to Airhead.

"I'm Andy Fowler. You must be dating Daniel, Rye's roommate?"

Dating seemed a rather presumptuous word considering his situation, but I just smiled and shook my head.

"I'm his roommate."

Andy paused, my precious iced coffee halfway to his mouth. His expression turned wary.

"He said his roommate's name was Daniel?"

"Yeah, it's my middle name."

"Oh, uh, nice to meet you?" He spoke hesitantly.

"Are you sure?"

Every one of his thoughts seemed to be a question. I gave a mental shrug and carried on eating.

"Rye and I have been best friends since college. I promise that's all we are."

As if summoned, a shirtless Rye ambled into the kitchen. He yawned and stretched, displaying every inch of his perfectly sculptured abs.

"Show off." I muttered.

"Morning. Have you guys met?" He asked, looking between the two of us.

"Yes." Andy answered angrily.

Andy's dark look matched his tone. Either Rye wasn't aware, or he didn't care since he had already gotten laid.

Here was the other reason I didn't let myself think about Rye in a romantic way. He was a player. As a friend, I could love him for it. But in a romantic way? Never. Not ever. Not even with STD tests.

"What happened to the 'must wear shirts in the kitchen' rule?" I smirked, shamelessly checking him out. I may have not fancied him, but I couldn't deny he was fit. Very fit.

"No such rule exists." He smirked back.

He gave Airhead a wink, and his expression softened. I resisted the urge to slap some sense into him.