🌹Manchester Markets - Randy

Got this idea since people in my school went to the markets today :)

~~~

"How long will I love you,
As long as stars are above you,
And longer if I can."

~~~

Andy's POV

Christmas was one of my favourites times of year. The festive lights hung all around the city and the numerous displays of blow up Santa's and reindeer statues in each garden created a sense of joy and excitement. I found it was impossible to be anything but happy when December arrived.

Winter was always a joy, curling up in front of the fire with a mug of hot chocolate making me feel peaceful at the end of a busy day. Cuddling with your boyfriend or girlfriend and sharing sleepy kisses as you take in the festive season. Sure I may not have a boyfriend to share the holidays with, but I had a best friend who would do nicely.

Everyone looked forward to school being over for the holidays, but my favourite time was always on the day before we break up. The day we go on a school trip to the Manchester markets. It was a great chance to get Christmas shopping out of the way, it being one of the most stressful aspects of the holidays. Dealing with those friends who don't get you anything in return, and exhaustedly scouting each store in the hopes of finding something worthy of being a present. It was a nightmare.

I had never really had that problem. I only ever bought presents for one boy. That one boy being my best friend Rye. He was the most important person in my life, and I couldn't wait to spend cozy nights alone with him. He had taken me in and cared for me ever since we were scared little boys starting primary school. My parents had always been hopeless, either being too drunk or too drugged up to take care of me. Luckily Rye's parents cared enough to take me in, bringing me up like I was their own son. Sure, it meant I had to live with a boy I had never met before. But luck seemed to be on my side, as me and that small, shy brunette got on better than ever. We clicked straight away, making life without him seem impossible.

I smiled when I felt his hand grasp mine, our fingers intertwined.

"Come on Andy. We need to get good seats on the coach." He exclaimed, an excited smile plastered on his face.

I chuckled, letting him drag me to the front of the line. It seemed as though he had already decided we were sitting together. Not that I would have let him sit anywhere else.

"I'm so excited. Are you?" He grinned once we were settled in our seats. I nodded, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand. "I sure am."

"What are you going to buy?" He asked.

I shrugged, despite knowing exactly what I was shopping for. "I'm probably going to just look around, see if I can get some last minute Christmas shopping done."

He nodded. "I've got one thing in particular that I'm looking for. Besides that, I'm basically just window shopping."

We carried on chatting for a short while, just enjoying each others company. Without realising, we had fallen into a comfortable silence. That was one of the best things about being friends with Rye. We didn't need to constantly be talking to enjoy our time together.

He pulled out his phone and popped one earphone in, handing me the other. I gratefully took it, pushing into my ear as I rested my head on his shoulders, getting comfortable as he put on our playlist. We had made it a few years back, each of us continuously adding on songs we thought we'd both like.

I smiled when the familiar tune flowed through the earphone, knowing full well he would start with this one.

"When your legs don't work like they used to before.
And I can't sweep you off of your feet.
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?"

He quietly sung along to the lyrics. I closed my eyes, letting out a content sigh as I listened to his breathtaking voice. I found myself singing the pre chorus.

"And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am"

I felt him wrap an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer as we both sung the chorus.

"So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are"

I opened my eyes, smiling up at him. He leant down, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead before wrapping his arms tighter around me, laying his head against mine.

I closed my eyes again, a blissful smile glued on my face as I looked forward to the day ahead.

A/N

This was cute

Hope you enjoyed!

Bye guys Xx