💔The Pact - Rykey

⚠️Trigger warning⚠️ death

~~~

"I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go"

~~~

It all started when Rye was sixteen and he met the new boy in town. He was sat on a bench at the park, just thinking, when a boy around his age sat beside him.

They started talking and Rye found out his name was Mikey, he was fifteen, and he had just moved to Bristol.

They exchanged phone numbers and became friends.

When Monday came around, Rye arrived at school and saw Mikey. Both boys were ecstatic that they went to the same school, and even happier once they found out they were in the same classes.

Over the years, the boys got closer as friends. They both came out to each other when Rye was eighteen and Mikey was seventeen. Mikey admitted he was gay, and Rye admitted he was bi. If anything, this made the two boys closer.

They fooled around sometimes, making out in alleyways and such, but never became more than friends. They both enjoyed a lifestyle of sleeping around and wild partying, and neither boy was ready to give that up yet.

Well, that was until Mikey found out his siblings had died in a car crash. He became quieter, more serious. He drifted apart from Rye, which confused him. He thought the fact that Mikey had lost people close to him would make him want to hold onto those he had left.

Mikey got a call from his dad, who lived in London, saying he wanted him son to come back because he wasn't coping well without him.

Mikey told he he was leaving, and Rye thought they would stay friends. But he cut all ties with everyone, including Rye. He didn't have enough money to go to London and visit Mikey.

The next time the boys saw each other was two years later. When he came back, he was different. Quieter. Sadder. He no longer went out sleeping with random people and getting drunk. Neither did Rye. All he wanted to do was be there for his old best friend. That was when he realised he was in love with Mikey.

A few months later, Rye told him he loved him and he wanted to be with him. But Mikey wasn't ready. He said that he might never be ready for a close relationship with another person ever again. He told Rye that he needed time. Time to find out how to live in a world without his siblings. Time to find out how to love again. Rye swore he would give him all the time he needed.

When Mikey told him he was moving away, Rye wasn't all that surprised. This was when they made the pact. At this point, Rye was twenty one, and Mikey was twenty. They promised that by the time Mikey was thirty (Rye would be thirty one), if he had learnt to love again and if Rye hadn't fallen for anyone else, they would get married.

Before he left, Mikey told Rye that the times they spent together were some of the happiest times of his life.

They didn't see each other for years. Ten years to be exact. At first they didn't stay in touch, but then Rye received a letter from Mikey. They started to write to each other and email, wanting to build up a relationship again.

Ten years later, Rye received a knock on his door. There stood Mikey, holding all his bags and suitcases. He came back when he remembered the pact. The boys were happy again. They were finally back together.

Mikey moved in with Rye and they spent a few months building up the relationship they used to have. When Rye finally proposed to Mikey on his thirty first birthday, he told the younger boy that he couldn't fall for anyone else. That he constantly compared all his companions to Mikey. But, Mikey was still twenty nine. He wanted to honour the pact, so he told Rye to propose again in a few months time.

About a week before Mikey's birthday, Rye had his proposal all planned out. The night of his birthday, Rye was sat in the park where they first met, on the same bench. With help from his friends, he had a picnic laid out for the two of them. Fairy lights hung from the trees. It was truly beautiful. He sat there and waited for Mikey to arrive.

About two hours later, Rye got a call from the hospital. Mikey had passed away after getting hit by a drunk driver.

Rye hung up on the doctor as soon as he heard the news. He lashed out, destroying the setting that he had been planning for ten years.

That night, Rye laid on the bench that he spoke his first words to his soulmate. As he laid there, he wondered that if losing his siblings hurt as much as this, then how was Mikey ever able to love again?

A/N
Hey guys. Do you prefer the depressing one shots or nah?

Also, I deleted the last chapter (the one about Rhys). I'm sorry if it offended anyone. I didn't mean for it to come off as an insult. It was just an inside joke between me and my friends.

Hope you enjoyed!

Bye guys Xx

RoadTrip boyxboy one shotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara