🌹Lonely Star - Jacklyn

Jack's POV

"In my heart I've always had a dream"

Ever since I was young, I've always wanted to be a singer. I adored music, and had already devoted my life to making my dream come true. After my failed attempt at winning X Factor, I knew there was no time to mess around. I had to be serious if I wanted to succeed.

I ditched Cormac and got myself a manager, a really strict one so that I wouldn't slack off. There was no time for friends in the real world.

I did really well for a few years, getting a few singles in the charts. I was getting bigger, earning more fans and money. Everything I had ever dreamed of.

It wasn't until Blair started managing a boyband that I started questioning everything I had ever dreamed of.

"But all alone what does it really mean?
I wanna share it with someone"

I got to know each member. They were all really nice. I got on well with each of them, Andy, Rye and Sonny. However, there was one who caught my eye immediately. His name was Brook. He was gorgeous. Absolutely stunning.

I wanted to stay and get to know them, but Blair wouldn't allow it. He told me I needed an early night so that I could focus on recording the next day.

I pleaded with him to let me stay out for a bit, but he refused.

Overtime, I watched how the boys got to have fun and mess around while still getting their dream. They got bigger and bigger, but always had smiles on their faces.

Blair never pushed them as much as he pushed me.

"All the work it takes and the practicing leaves no time for anything"

From the start, he had always told me I wouldn't get anywhere if I messed around, and I took his word for it.

But now I could see it was possible to enjoy the job while still working hard.

I kept getting closer to Brook whenever possible. Blair couldn't keep us away from each other all the time. But whenever he saw us getting too close, he dragged me away and forced me to work twice as hard.

All I wanted was to be with Brook. I could feel myself falling for him, and I was pretty sure he felt the same.

"I'm missing out on so much fun"

Brook constantly tried to sneak me out late at night after Blair had gone to bed, but he almost always got caught.

It didn't stop Brook and I spending time together. There was something about him that made me want to give up on my dream and just run away with him. He knew how to have fun, and seemed determined to show me how.

"Did I make the right choice?
Sometimes I'm not so sure"

I often questioned if I was doing the right thing. Is this really how I wanted to achieve my goals? Sure, I'd be famous. But I'd be alone. I wouldn't have anyone to love.

Love. I never thought it was this easy to fall. But it seemed so, since I had fallen for Brooklyn in the shortest time possible.

I told him one night. Blair had left me alone in the studio to work on my new album. I was determined not to distract myself this time. Music was the most important thing in my life and I didn't want to mess it up.