🌹Mon Chéri - Sandy

This is a collab with the absolutely amazing . She wrote Sonny's POV, and I wrote Andy's.

~~~

"Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help
Falling in love with you"

~~~

Sonny's POV

It was a cold Monday morning, and I was on my way to work. Part way there, I realised how stupid it was not to wear a coat in the middle of winter. I was freezing cold, and I had wrapped my arms around myself in an attempt to keep warm.

Just as I was contemplating going back home and grabbing a coat, the overwhelming smell of coffee and hot chocolate from a nearby café drew me in. I stopped in my tracks, smelling the beautiful aromas of caffeine before I finally went inside.

The warmth hit me as soon as I stepped inside and I let out a sigh of relief, releasing my arms from around my body.

The first thing I noticed were the cute little circular tables, decorated for the festive season. Along with the fairy lights hung above the windows, and the unmissable christmas tree placed in the corner, the cafe had a homey feeling. Although the tree looked as though it had been decorated by a child, tinsel strewn everywhere and mismatched baubles hanging from each branch, it somehow made the room all the more perfect.

I made my way to an empty table at the back, secluded from everyone else. There were two seats, but I wasn't expecting company, so I ignored the second chair. I sat myself down, placing my backpack and laptop on the vacant chair. The tables were set with a small rack, holding the menu and other leaflets and brochures that advertised different upcoming events.

Reading through the menu, I was surprised to see just how many different drinks they had, and was ashamed to admit that I had no idea what most of them were. I skipped to the end, a bright smile replacing the confused frown on my face when I realised they sold hot chocolate with marshmallows and sprinkles. I instantly knew I was going to buy it, so I got out of my seat and headed over to the counter to place my order.

The lady at the till was very polite, offering to bring my drink over when it was ready. I smiled gratefully, heading back to my table. I pulled out my phone, scrolling through instagram to pass the time.

Not long later, the lady arrived with my heaven-in-a-cup. I thanked her, taking the drink from her grasp and tentatively taking a sip, closing my eyes to savour the moment.

However, my eyes shot open when the bell rung, signalling someone had entered the cafe...

~~~

Andy's POV

After much teasing from my friends about being the only one who was single, I'd had enough. I decided to do something about it, not being one to get embarrassed by much. I stepped into my favourite cafe, scanning the room to see who I would be talking to.

There was an old married couple in the far left corner, lightly sipping their drinks and smiling dazedly at one another. Cute, but not what I was looking for.

I moved my gaze over to the middle of the room, spotting three teenage girls laughing and joking as they nibbled on cakes, gathered around one girl's phone. Sadly, not what I was interested in.

I looked over to the right side of the room, smirking when I spotted a tall guy around my age sat alone, sipping on a hot chocolate as he scrolled through his phone.

I cleared my throat, grabbing the attention of most of the cafe before I spoke.

"Where are all the gays?!" I screamed, laughing to myself as I saw the looks of horror that sat on most peoples faces. I smiled at the tall boy, who motioned for me to come over to him. I made my way closer, suddenly becoming nervous. I took a seat beside him, looking down with a blush on my face.