💔Something You Can't Replace - Randy (Part 2)

"I swear to God, every day
He won't take you away
'Cause without you, babe
I lose my way."

~~~

Sitting backstage two months later at the semi finals was even more nerve wracking, considering the fact that Andy wasn't there with him.

Andy was at the hospital with his mum. For a few weeks after Rye's audition, Andy started coughing a lot more. He kept going dizzy and struggling to breath. He insisted he was fine, but when he fainted, Rye decided to take him to the hospital. He was diagnosed with fatal lung cancer. It was too late for chemo therapy to be effective, but they tried it anyway.

That's where Andy was now. Having his chemo. Rye was reluctant to leave him, but Andy promised that he would be there for his performance.

Each day was a struggle for both boys. Andy got weaker and weaker. His hair began falling out, breaking Rye's heart in two. It killed him to watch the man he loved go through this life threatening illness.

They spent as much time together as possible. Going on dates, cuddling in their bedroom. Everything. They quite possibly loved each other even more, if that was possible.

Andy was still the love of Rye's life. He always would be.

"Rye? You're on in five."  The same woman from the auditions told him. He walked to the end of the stage, hands shaking. The song he picked was really personal. It was the song they danced to that night. It meant so much to the both of them.

"You're gonna do great." Dec reassured as they headed back on stage at the end of the break.

"Welcome back. Now, we have a special performance from Simon's golden buzzer." Dec explained.

Ant finished his sentence off. "Singing 'Falling Like The Stars' by James Arthur, this is Rye Beaumont."

Rye walked onstage and stood behind the closed curtains as the music began to play. They opened as he sung the first line.

"I swear to God, when I come home
I'm gonna hold you so close
I swear to God, when I come home
I'll never let go."

He couldn't wait to be back in Andy's arms. Every time they touched, Rye wanted to hold him forever.

"Like a river, I flow
To the ocean I know
You pull me close
Guiding me home."

Andy was Rye's home. He always had been. Even when they were kids, playing video games in Andy's bedroom, or kicking a football at the park. Rye felt safe with Andy.

Rye looked up at the ceiling, seeing stars twinkling brightly. The entire room was covered in stars.

"And I need you to know that we're
Falling so fast
We're falling like the stars
Falling in love
And I'm not scared to say those words
With you I'm safe
We're falling like the stars
We're falling in love."

As he sung the chorus, he remembered their journey. How they fell in love.

At first it was just friendly contacts. Bro hugs and high fives.

But one day they were sat on Andy's bed. Rye was crying as Andy held him to his chest. It was his family's funeral that day. Rye hated saying goodbye. He wanted and needed Andy to comfort him.