💔Run Away - Randy

A long one - 2717 words.

~~~

"You must think that I'm stupid
You must think that I'm a fool
You must think that I'm new to this
But I have seen this all before"

It all started back when I first joined the band. I was so excited to be turning the page and starting something fresh with new people. When Blair told me I'd get to meet my new band mate Andy, I was so excited. I always loved making new friends, so you can understand why I was practically bouncing up and down in my seat on the car ride to his flat.

He was better than I thought he'd be. Back then I was pretty certain of my sexuality, so I didn't mind admitting that he was hot. I even told him that, to which he blushed and mumbled a 'thanks'. He didn't seem to believe me, but I was being entirely truthful. He was short, blonde and beautiful. Exactly how I imagined he would be. He was super dedicated to his music, which I respected. I may have only known him a few hours, but I already looked up to him. He had been working in the music industry for years. He knew what he was doing, and I couldn't ask for a better man to work beside.

I thought we would be really good friends. But what surprised me was the fact that he couldn't seem to stand the sight of me. He'd ignore me every time I spoke to him, and move away when I sat down next to him. It hurt. I didn't think I'd done anything wrong, so I asked him about it.

"What is your problem with me?" I questioned once we were alone for the first time since we met.

"Nothing." He grumbled, moving over to mess around with the computer.

"Andy!" He turned around and I looked him right in the eye.

"Please." I whispered. He sighed.

"You're so rude and abrasive. You're the loudest person I've ever met in my life and it distracts me from my work. You're so irritating that I wish you never joined the band."

He stormed out of the room and I looked down, biting my lip as I thought over what he had just said. It wasn't something I had done, He hated me for me. Something I had tried so hard to change in the past was my personality and the way I acted, but nothing I ever did was right.

I tried to keep my distance for the next few days, not wanting him to lash out at me once more. I stayed silent, only speaking when I was spoken to. I made sure to focus entirely on the music, in turn not enjoying my time there. But even though I had changed myself to be exactly what he wanted, it still wasn't good enough for him.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked me one night, walking into my room where I was led in bed.

"Nothing." I replied, eyes glued to the book I was reading. He stayed silent, climbing the ladder and perching on the edge of my bed.

"What are you reading?" He questioned.

"It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover."

"I've never heard of it." He said. I knew what he was trying to do. He was making small talk to try and get me to open up. I didn't want to come across as rude, so I kept the conversation going.

"Its about a girl escaping from an abusive home, only to find herself in an abusive relationship."

"Sounds emotional." He commented.