💔Walk Away - Randy

fun fact: i'm eating m&m's as i write this

~~~

"I tell myself this time it's different,
No goodbyes 'cause I can't bear to say it,
I'll never survive the one that's coming,
If I stay, oh no,

Just walk away, and don't look back,
'Cause if my heart breaks, it's going to hurt so bad,
You know I'm strong, but I can't take that,
Before it's too late, oh, just walk away."

~~~

Andy's POV

I bite my lip, drawing blood as I try to hold back the tears. He looks so happy with her. He's supposed to be happy with me. It was me and him against the world, but he threw it all away for her. I have to admit she's gorgeous, and it makes sense for someone like him to be with someone like her. But I can't help but wish that didn't matter to him. He always says that he favours personality over looks, and yet he went for a face instead of a soul. I have no right to choose who he can and cannot be with, but I long for him to be with me.

I wipe my eyes, clicking on his recent post. My heart breaks when I read the words 'falling in love'. He was in love with me! What changed?

I think back to that night. That one night where everything changed between us. It wasn't hard to tell that we had some form of attraction to one another, but none of us ever expected to fall for each other. But I did. I'm in love with Rye Beaumont. He swore he loved me back, but apparently he was lying. If he meant it, he wouldn't be with her now. He would be with me.

I praise the corona virus for giving me a reason to go home. I wouldn't have survived if I had to stay at the house with her. She knows exactly how I feel about him and she hates me for it. How can I live with someone like that? Ever since she arrived, my time in the band has been miserable. They're everywhere I look, and maybe if I had stayed at the house I would've already left. But coming home has given me more time to think. I thought that maybe time away would allow me to accept them. If I can see how happy they are together, then surely I can find it in my heart to let them be happy. But the distance has only made me even more desperate to leave, seeing them grow closer as Rye and I grow further apart.

Now I know what I need to do. It'll be tough, but I'm strong enough to get through it. It's the right decision for me, and I really hope the boys will understand.

~time skip brought to you by my grandma who bought me chocolate and sweets THANKS SUSAN THE SATNAV (don't ask it's an inside joke with my family)~

Six weeks was a long time to keep my decision from the boys, but I didn't want to tell them until I arrived home. I get out of my car, nothing but a small backpack on me as I make my way inside. I left all my stuff at my mums, knowing I'd be going home soon. My mum isn't aware of my decision to leave the band, but I'm sure she'll welcome me with open arms and support me no matter what.

"Andy! Long time no see. How've you been, man?" Sonny grins, pulling me into a hug. I hug him back, not realising how much I've missed being with the boys until now. Leaving them behind is going to be the hardest thing, but it had to be done. It isn't because of them. It's because of Rye and her.

"The boys are in the living room, besides Rye. Come say hi."

I follow him through the house. It feels weird to be back. Almost like I'm not welcome here anymore. Everything feels different, especially when I enter the room and see Brook and his girlfriend cuddling on the sofa, Harper and his girl sat chatting by the window. Sonny's girl is waiting patiently for him to return. This house no longer feels like home, and that thought alone makes what I'm going to do seem easier. Everyone but me has someone. They don't need a ninth wheel like me tagging along when all they want to do is spend time with the people they love.

"Hey mate." Brook smiles, turning straight back to Vania. Harper doesn't even glance my way, giving me a small wave as he is too caught up in Daisy to pay any attention to me. Sonny is immediately dragged away from me and I'm left alone, no one truly happy to see me. My bottom lip starts to tremble and my eyes are filled to the brim with tears. I quietly make my way outside, nobody even noticing my departure. I go to my bedroom to pack the last of my stuff, my door locked so nobody can bother me. Not like anyone wants to see me anyway. They have other priorities.

"Babe, I'm just gonna go say hi to Andy then we can head out." I hear Rye speak, and my heart starts beating rapidly at the sound of his voice. I haven't heard that beautiful sound in months, Rye never bothering to call. All he ever did was send me a quick text to let me know how things were going at the madhouse.

"Hurry back baby." She says as he knocks on my door. I unlock it, letting him open it himself as I close my suitcase.

"Hi Fovvs, I missed yo- what's with the bags?" He questions. I look at him, not saying a word as I take in his appearance. If possible, he looks even more gorgeous than he did before I left. This is the Rye I fell in love with. The Rye without her on his arms.

"I'm leaving the band." I state simply, grabbing my stuff and heading for the door.

"What!" He gasps, grabbing my arm. "You can't."

"I don't belong here anymore, Rye."

"You do." He says, his eyes filling with tears. I had only seen Rye cry a couple of times and it breaks my heart every time.

"I need to go and live my life. I'm not happy here anymore." I explain, moving past him and out of the door. Honor is just staring at me, smirking when she sees the bags I'm carrying.

"Congratulations, he's all yours." I tell her as I pass.

"Like he should be." She answers. I just roll my eyes, making my way down the stairs.

"Don't do this Andy! Please! I need you!" He cried. He's full on sobbing now, and it takes everything in me not to give in. It's always been hard to see him in pain. I catch the other boys leaving the room out of the corner of my eye, probably curious as to what all the noise is about.

"What's going on?" Sonny questions.

"He's leaving the band." Rye tells them. They look towards me with wide eyes.

"No, you can't!" Brook whines.

"We need you." Harper adds.

"I need you." Rye whispers. I take a few steps towards him, taking his face in my hands to kiss him on the forehead.

"Goodbye Ryan." I whisper.

And with that, I walk away.

a/n

hey guys. i don't like how short and badly written this is but oh well.

bye guys Xx