💔Something You Can't Replace - Randy (Part 3)

"And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace"

~~~

"Now, for the last time, give it up for Rye Beaumont."

The curtains opened and Rye stood on stage, holding a microphone.

"Before I start singing , I would like to say something." he started.

"This performance is dedicated to the boy I love. My soulmate. My other half. My world. The most important person in my life. The love of my life. Andy Fowler."

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"So, last time I told you how he had been diagnosed with severe lung cancer. I had to say goodbye to him today. Just hours before this moment I was in the hospital, holding his hand. The doctor let me know that he wasn't going to survive longer than an hour. So, I had to say goodbye to the light of my life."

A tear fell down Rye's cheek as he spoke.

"I couldn't bring myself to say goodbye. How do you say goodbye to the person who means the most to you? How do you let go of the one good thing in your life?"

"Andy meant more to me than you realise. When we were kids, he was my best friend. When my family died, I was broken. I didn't think anyone loved me. But, Andy's family took me in. I literally owe him my life. I thought he was just my friend, but we both fell in love as we grew up. My life changed the day we fell for each other, and I wouldn't change that for the whole world. He was my rock. He gave my life meaning."

"He encouraged me to come here tonight. I really didn't want to, but he told me not to give up on my dreams just because he wouldn't be here to support me through them. So, I put on a brave face and quickly put together this performance dedicated to him. So, in memory of the best person I've ever met in my life, this is 'Fix You' by Coldplay."

Rye looked up and saw that almost everyone, including the judges, were crying. He wiped his eyes and looked to the sky.

"I love you so much angel. Sleep tight."

He kissed my fingers, holding them up to the sky. To where he knew Andy was sat, looking down on him.

The music started, and he looked behind him to see the video playing. Rye put together a video of him and Andy to play as he sung.

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse."

Rye thought about the fact that Andy tried so hard to get better, but he didn't. He was so strong. He fought the illness, but the illness won.

Rye thought about how he got what he wanted. This amazing opportunity to be the man he always dreamed of being. But, he lost what he needed. He lost Andy.

And he didn't know if he wanted this life without him.

Rye thought about how he didn't want to continue his life. He was strongly thinking about ending everything. But he couldn't. He had to live on, for Andy. Just like the lyrics said, he was tired but he couldn't sleep.

"And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?"

Tears built up in Rye's eyes. He hadn't cried yet. Not properly. He was still getting over the shock of the fact he had lost his everything.

"Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you."

Rye knew Andy was watching him. It was only a matter of time until he would be back in his boyfriends arms.

He would be home.

"And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth."

Andy was up above in heaven. Rye was down below on earth. He knew people would tell him that he wouldn't be grieving forever. That he would get over it. But Rye knew he wouldn't. He didn't want to let Andy go.

Just like the song said, he was too in love to let him go.

Rye was going to end his singing career before it even started, but Andy talked him out of it. He didn't want Rye to give up on his dreams when he didn't know how far he would go.

"Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face and I
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try... to fix you."

His voice broke when he sung the last word, and as the music ended he fell to the floor.

He finally let the tears fall. He sobbed into his own hands. Andy was no longer there to hold him. He never would be again.

His sobs drowned out the sound of applause from the audience.

The tears streamed down his face..

..because he lost something he could never replace.

A/N
Hey guys. I'm so sorry.. I wasn't originally gonna kill him, but changed my idea.

Hope you enjoyed!

Bye guys Xx