💔Tired Eyes - Jacklyn

Nothing too triggering, but it's depressing sooo.

~~~

"There was someone here inside
Someone I thought had died
So long ago
Oh I'm screaming out
And my dreams will be heard
They will not be pushed aside or turned
Into your own"

~~~

Jack's POV

The thing that stood out to me the most when he answered the call was his tired eyes. He looked empty. Defeated. Broken. Like he was going to give up any minute.

"Hi baby." I smiled sadly.

"Hi. I miss you so much." He whispered.

"I miss you too darling."

It had been a year since I last saw him. Since I last held him. His mother had sent him away to have conversion therapy, and it was killing him slowly. Every night he cried to me over the phone, telling me how mistreated he was. He hated it there. He wanted to come home.

But he couldn't. It broke my heart knowing he was trapped there. He was only 15. He shouldn't have had to deal with this alone.

"What did they do today sweetheart?" I asked softly, knowing the events of the day were often a sensitive subject for the blonde boy.

"They locked me in a room and starved me. They said they wouldn't let me go until I opened up about the abuse I must have gone through when I was young. Apparently that is the only thing that could have made me gay."

My heart ached for him. He had to go through this torture, while I got to stay home with my parents who loved me. We had come out on the same day. My parents took it extremely well. Brooklyn's, however, not so well.

"Are you ready gorgeous?" I asked my boyfriend of six months. He nodded hesitantly, and I squeezed his hand in reassurance.

"It's going to be fine, darling. My parents already love you."

He sighed, sending me a quick smile before allowing me to lead him into the living room where I knew my parents would be.

"Mum? Dad? We've got something to tell you."

"What is it love? Oh, hi Brooklyn." My mum smiled, pulling us both into a hug.

"Hello Mrs Duff." He replied politely.

"Sweetie, call me Maria."

Brook nodded. "Okay Maria."

"So what's the big news?" My dad questioned as my mum sat back down. I sent Brook one more glance, smiling at his relaxed face.

"I'm bisexual, and I'm dating Brook."

Within seconds, we were both scooped up into a tight group hug. The love I felt in that moment was indescribable. It made me excited to tell Brook's parents.

"This changes nothing, son. We love you for who you are." My dad reminded.

"Yeah, and I always thought the two of you would make a cute couple." My mum added, chuckling lightly.

I turned to my boyfriend, pulling him into a kiss as my parents cheered.

In those moments, I felt like I was on cloud nine. So did Brooklyn. As we left my house, he told me he was no longer scared of coming out to his parents. He wanted to feel the love he had just witness, and I was going to be by his side the whole way.