🌹Perfect For Me - Rykey

inspired by trolls.... that's it :)

~~~

"So I spend all my nights in the dark and afraid,
'Cause I've tried to forget you but these things just don't go away,
I hate that you're perfect for me,
If I didn't know better then I would believe,
We were made for each other but I'd know the truth,
You're no good for me and I'm no good for you,
And I hate that you're perfect,
You're perfect for me,
What good are words when they always just get in our way,
And it hurts the most just to know that you don't feel the same."

~~~

Rye's POV

I knew I loved him the moment I met him. I was only nine years old - he was eight - and my mum had woken me up early to tell me we were driving out of town to visit her childhood best friend. She mentioned that her friend had a son around my age and that we'd get on well, so I was excited. I was bouncing in my seat the whole way there and I practically fell out of the car once we arrived.

I didn't have many friends so I was looking forward to making one.

Seeing him for the first time caused a strange, fuzzy feeling to bubble in my chest. I felt lightheaded and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was gorgeous. That was alright for a boy to say about another boy, right? It didn't matter what was right or wrong because, in that moment, the only thing that mattered was the beautiful boy in front of me.

His hair was messy and his eyes were wide in anticipation. His bright blue eyes that looked me up and down with a smile on his face.

"Hi, I'm Mikey." He grinned, pulling me into a hug. I'd never felt such a strong connection to someone before and I instantly knew he'd mean a lot to me.

I was devastated when it was time to go home. My mood instantly dropped and I found myself not wanting to leave the boy.

I obviously didn't know what that feeling was. I was only nine. But as I grew up with him by my side, I learnt that the feeling I was feeling was in fact love. I couldn't survive without him. That was a bad feeling to have for someone - the feeling of dread and impossibility whenever you thought of life without them. It wasn't healthy for me to depend so much on him, but I did. He had owned my heart since day one, even though he had no idea.

I realised I loved him when we started high school. We were eleven and we were scared. We only had each other and, for me anyway, that was enough. I didn't need anyone else as long as I had him.

That's what made me realise my feelings for him.

I googled "how to know if you're in love" and spent a good couple of hours trying to deny that I was in fact in love with Mikey. I knew he didn't feel the same because he had a girlfriend. He'd had one since year five and I hated how cute they were together.

I deserved to be cute with Mikey! Me!

So I spent the next few years hiding how I felt and just focused on being a good friend and keeping him in my life. But I didn't realise how hard it was being friends with him now that I knew what I was feeling. I found myself staring at him from across the classroom, only coming out of my daze whenever my desk partner elbowed me in the side. She knew I was in love with him. She had to know. She'd be awfully oblivious if she didn't. But she never said anything. It wasn't really any of her business anyway.